How long has it been since you compared more competitive Chevy Aveo insurance in Seattle? No one in their right mind loves paying for car insurance, especially knowing they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
A study showed that almost 70% of insureds have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Washington could pocket about $400 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
You have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
This article’s goal is to teach you how auto insurance companies operate and also save some money in the process If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will surely be able to save money using the techniques covered below. But Washington car owners must learn the way companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
To get cheaper Seattle auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from companies that offer car insurance in Washington. The recommended way to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. Shopping for car insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the trained advice that only an agent can give. It is possible to price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area. When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company allows you to get online Seattle Aveo insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Washington. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Hatchback||$228||$452||$294||$18||$88||$1,080||$90|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$336||$304||$18||$90||$916||$76|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Hatchback||$182||$284||$386||$22||$116||$990||$83|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$412||$384||$22||$114||$1,132||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Seattle which can lower or raise price quotes considerably.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Aveo insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There isn’t a written rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevrolet Aveo replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions increase Chevrolet Aveo premium costs for each age group. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some need to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive reduced rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple cars with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they are good drivers.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with significant discounts in Seattle, click here to view.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you cheaper rates. Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Low stress vocation equals lower premiums – Careers like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and accountants generally pay higher premium rates because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other careers like professors, historians and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Your credit score can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with worse credit. If your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Aveo by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Reduce premiums by driving safer vehicles – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Chevy Aveo has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The performance of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest rates will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Due to the fact that the Chevrolet Aveo falls in the passenger car class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Seattle.
You may require the services of a local insurance agent
Some people still like to buy from a licensed agent. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When searching for a local Seattle insurance agency, there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Seattle that can give you rate quotes.
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. They are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle that can give you rate quotes.
Picking an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
After receiving positive responses to these questions and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your insurance policy.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to the best insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Respected companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all seem to convey the message of big savings after switching to them. How can each company have lower policy pricing?
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the right customer that will add to their bottom line. For example, a driver they prefer might have to be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and chooses high deductibles. A driver that fits those parameters receives the best prices in Seattle and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who do not fit the ideal profile may be forced to pay a higher premium which leads to business not being written. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can make claims that they all have the best premium rates.
That is why you absolutely need to get Seattle auto insurance quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will have better auto insurance rates than you’re paying now.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
When searching for affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims, high prices or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
More affordable insurance in Seattle is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)