Do you need a fast way to compare cheaper car insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle consumers have options when looking for the best price on Jeep Cherokee insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes for your Jeep and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Seattle agents.
It’s a good idea to check car insurance prices once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest rate on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Seattle six months ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out how to use the internet to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Seattle.
Companies offering Jeep Cherokee insurance in Washington
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How do Insurers Determine Jeep Cherokee Insurance Premiums?
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Married drivers pay less – Getting married helps lower the price compared to being single. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Credit rating impacts premium premiums – Having a bad credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your Jeep Cherokee by taking the time to improve your credit score. People with excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit scores.
- Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles – Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Jeep. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Don’t skimp on liability coverage – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Save by driving less – The higher the mileage driven annually the higher your rate. Most companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating is rated on annual mileage. An incorrectly rated Cherokee is throwing money out the window.
- Younger vs. mature drivers – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.Youthful drivers are known to be more careless when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Premiums go up with performance – The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Because the Jeep Cherokee falls in the standard SUV class, insurance will be slightly more when compared to the average rates in Seattle. The lowest performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Jeep Cherokee insurance loss statistics – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that historically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates.
The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jeep Cherokee vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Jeep Cherokee Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Jeep Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD 76 105 77 87 90 109 Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD 78 115 82 75 79 103
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper rates on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Seattle with these discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Seattle car insurance quote.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, multiple policy, defensive driving training, student away at school, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, DriveSense, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly married, teen driver discount, newly retired, new vehicle discount, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for student away at school, company car, mature driver, group or association, and paperless.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, multi-policy, federal employee, seat belt use, defensive driver, and air bags.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply in Seattle. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Washington, follow this link.
Compare prices but work with a local Seattle insurance agency
A small number of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Most agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is still important in Seattle.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Seattle for you
If you want a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both provide car insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they are different since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Seattle that may be able to provide pricing information.
- Gurry and Rogers Insurance Inc
1200 5th Ave #1825 – Seattle, WA 98101 – (206) 621-6444 – View Map
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
- Michael Wong Insurance
1200 Westlake Ave N #607 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0171 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle who can help you get price quote information.
- Jeff Kalvelage – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 N 36th St #201 – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 588-0559 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Carmelita Strong
5959 Martin Luther King Jr Way S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8969 – View Map
- Chuck McFarland – State Farm Insurance Agent
9776 Holman Rd NW #107 – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 788-4640 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Once you have good responses to your questions and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
Do drivers who switch really save $482 a year?
Washington consumers can’t ignore all the ads that claim the lowest rates from the likes of Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to advertise claims of big savings just by moving your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How does each company cost less than your current company? It’s all in the numbers.
Many companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that will generate a profit. One example of a profitable risk profile should be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clear driving record, and does not commute to work. A customer getting a price quote who fits those characteristics will probably get the lowest car insurance rates as well as save some money.
Potential insureds who don’t meet these standards will probably be forced to pay higher premiums and this results in business not being written. The ads state “people that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
Because of this risk profiling, drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will give you the biggest savings.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance savings summarized
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Jeep Cherokee insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)