Buying cheaper Seattle Kia Soul EV insurance quotes can be rather challenging for consumers not familiar with comparing rates on the web. With such a large number of agents and insurers to choose from, how are consumers able to efficiently compare each option to find the cheapest available price?
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Washington being $1,200, drivers could save themselves about $430 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Car insurance providers offering competitive rate quotes in Washington
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Washington. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How You Can Control Kia Soul EV Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
Your location is important – Having an address in less populated areas is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
Liability insurance is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
How your age affects premiums – Inexperience drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good initially, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Don’t neglect these price cutting discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount very clearly, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data collection to monitor where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Online Discount – Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers could receive better car insurance rates.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include distant student, pay in full, alternative fuel, early shopping, youthful driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for safe driver, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, youthful driver, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, membership and employees, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO has savings for homeowner, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new graduate, new vehicle discount, newly retired, newly married, new move discount, and preferred payment discount.
When quoting, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Seattle. To see providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Seattle, follow this link.
Insurance agents near you
Many drivers just want to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents that provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Does their agency support local causes in Seattle?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Washington?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How many years have they been established?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from an insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Seattle agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Seattle that are able to give price quote information.
- Ezra Teshome – State Farm Insurance Agent
1510 14th Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 322-3910 – View Map
- Charles Cohen – State Farm Insurance Agent
9750 Greenwood Ave N #104 – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 784-5151 – View Map
- Brian Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 16th Ave W – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 285-3003 – View Map
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Shown below are Seattle independent agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Cairns Insurance Agency
13751 Lake City Way NE #214 – Seattle, WA 98125 – (206) 368-8117 – View Map
- Magnolia Insurance Agency, Inc.
3424 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98199 – (206) 284-4886 – View Map
- Michael Wong Insurance
1200 Westlake Ave N #607 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0171 – View Map
Once you have received reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy. Just remember it’s your policy and you can terminate coverage whenever you want so don’t assume that you’re stuck with a specific agent for the entire policy term.
The largest companies are not always cheapest
Respected companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run television, radio, and online ads. All the companies seem to make the promise that drivers will save a bundle just by moving your car insurance policy to them. How does each company say the same thing? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance providers provide the lowest rates for the driver that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a desirable insured might have to be over the age of 50, has no claims, and does not commute to work. Any person who matches those parameters receives the best auto insurance rates in Seattle and will probably save a lot on Seattle Kia Soul EV insurance if they switch.
Insureds who may not quite match this ideal profile may be required to pay more expensive rates and this results in the customer not buying. The ads state “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. This emphasizes why you really should get as many free Seattle auto insurance quotes as possible. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest Kia Soul EV insurance in Seattle.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Seattle can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Seattle agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Kia Soul EV insurance in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Seattle auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about insurance is located in these articles:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)