If online insurance comparisons are new to you, it’s easy to get baffled by the large number local agents and online companies that all say they have the best rates for Toyota C-HR insurance in Seattle.
A recent study showed that most drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Seattle could save an average of $400 each year, but they don’t want to take the time to find cheap insurance rates.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Toyota C-HR insurance in Seattle utilizes the fact most insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is provide a small amount of information like marital status, if you have an active license, if it has an alarm system, and if you lease or own. Your insurance information is automatically sent to many highly-rated insurers and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Toyota C-HR now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies provide price quotes in Seattle, WA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
These ten discounts can lower Toyota C-HR insurance rates
Some insurers do not advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a discount up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in school.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children living away from Seattle attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Seattle car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your area. For a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Seattle, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Seattle insurance agents?
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Seattle.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent agencies in Seattle that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Sav-On Insurance
9614 17th Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98106 – (206) 767-7444 – View Map
- Grange Insurance Association
200 Cedar St – Seattle, WA 98121 – (800) 247-2643 – View Map
- Norwest Insurance Agency
5191 S Spencer St – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 965-8140 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
The following are Seattle exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Luan Vu – State Farm Insurance Agent
6951 Martin Luther King Jr Way S #224 – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 243-3041 – View Map
- Youkie Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
2505 3rd Ave #120 – Seattle, WA 98121 – (206) 441-5630 – View Map
- Jeffrey Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4850 Rainier Ave S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8008 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in Seattle should have no problem answering these questions:
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Protect your Toyota C-HR and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Seattle, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your C-HR, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your Toyota C-HR and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Seattle is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Toyota C-HR
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage protection
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your C-HR to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from getting keyed, hail damage, falling objects and vandalism. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Washington limits are 25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like court costs, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, structural damage and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Washington state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for nursing services, EMT expenses, funeral costs, dental work and chiropractic care. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Affordable car insurance rates are available
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Seattle can be sourced both online and with local Seattle insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Much more information about car insurance in Washington is located below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)