Are you researching the cheapest Toyota Corolla insurance in Seattle? Overpriced Toyota Corolla insurance in Seattle can consume your family’s budget and maybe even restrict other spending. Price shopping at each renewal can save money and help to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Sadly, nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Washington being $1,202, drivers can save almost 40% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they just switched companies. Drivers have so many insurers to choose from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to locate the cheapest rates for Toyota Corolla insurance in Seattle.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates quite often because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Toyota Corolla insurance in Seattle a year ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest and easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Toyota Corolla insurance in Seattle.
Best companies for Toyota Corolla insurance
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Washington. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location which can influence rates substantially.
How high should deductibles be?
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Toyota Corolla premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost in Seattle?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Corolla car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota Corolla claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Cheaper Toyota Corolla insurance rates in Seattle
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- E-sign – A few companies will give you a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Seattle auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can get lower premium rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will definitely lower your overall bill.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple autos, multiple policy, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, good student, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, homeowner, safe driver, bundle discounts, and drive less.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be offered in Seattle. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with the best Toyota Corolla insurance discounts in Seattle, click here.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Washington?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Toyota Corolla to commute?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare prices but buy from a local Seattle insurance agent
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Seattle.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Seattle that give free quotes to get your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent in Seattle should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does their agency support local causes in Seattle?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How long has their agency been in business in Seattle?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Who are their largest clients?
If you feel you receive good feedback to your questions and a good coverage price, you may have just found an insurer that can be relied on to insure your vehicles. Keep in mind policyholders can terminate your policy when you choose so never feel that you are obligated to a policy with no way to switch.
Do insurance companies bend the truth?
Washington consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price insurance from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to advertise claims that you can save if you move your insurance policy to them.
How does every insurance company cost less than your current company? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. One example of a desirable risk might be a married male, owns their home, and insures a new vehicle. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” will probably get the lowest car insurance rates and therefore will save a lot on Seattle Toyota Corolla insurance if they switch.
Drivers who do not fit those criteria will be charged a more expensive rate and the prospect going elsewhere. The ads say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save the amount stated. That is how companies can advertise the savings.
Each company has different criteria, so it’s extremely important to do a quote comparison often. Because you never know which insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Toyota Corolla insurance in Seattle.
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Washington drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, vandalism, damage from getting keyed and falling objects. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision – This covers damage to your Corolla caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Corolla in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses like rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/10 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Washington requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
Compare but don’t skimp
Cheap Toyota Corolla insurance in Seattle can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Seattle agents, so you need to quote Seattle auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to lower your Toyota Corolla insurance prices in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More information can be found below:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)