How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for lower-priced car insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle drivers have options when trying to find the best price on Jeep Patriot insurance. You can either waste hours calling around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to find car insurance online and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for your Jeep and get the cheapest rates from Seattle insurance agents and online providers.
You should make it a habit to check car insurance prices before your policy renews because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Jeep Patriot insurance in Seattle a year ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. You can find a lot of information about Patriot insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn a lot of great tips on how to find affordable car insurance in Seattle.
These discounts can slash Jeep Patriot insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety class could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Paperless Signup – Many insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing on their website.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, good student, and location of vehicle.
- Nationwide may include discounts for accident-free, family plan, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- AAA discounts include AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, good student, and multi-car.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Seattle, click here.
Cutting your Seattle car insurance rates is not a difficult process. The only thing you need to do is take time to get quotes to find the company with inexpensive Seattle auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$120||$228||$356||$22||$106||$832||$69|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$120||$228||$356||$22||$106||$832||$69|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$212||$310||$386||$22||$116||$1,046||$87|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$218||$448||$334||$20||$100||$1,120||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates greatly.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Patriot car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Washington. The data assumes no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Patriot book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine your auto insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Auto insurance rates and age – Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a first-time driver onto your auto insurance can cause a big jump in price. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
- Too many claims drive up premiums – Companies in Washington give the best rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Deter vehicle theft – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop vehicle theft.
- Marriage can save on auto insurance – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other means you’re less irresponsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Jeep Patriot insurance claim data – Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that tend to have higher losses will have increased rates. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Jeep Patriot vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Jeep Patriot Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Patriot 4dr 2WD 80 139 65 123 121 140 Jeep Patriot 4dr 4WD 73 121 67 98 100 111
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
It’s not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- What if I total my Jeep Patriot and owe more than it’s worth?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Comparing quotes from local Seattle auto insurance agents
Many people would prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting small agencies is still important in Seattle.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Seattle that can provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local Seattle insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Seattle may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn why they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle who can help you get free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Vern Fonk
10301 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 408-5098 – View Map
- Magnolia Insurance Agency, Inc.
3424 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98199 – (206) 284-4886 – View Map
- C. Don Filer Agency
4201 Roosevelt Way NE #200 – Seattle, WA 98105 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Seattle exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Carmelita Strong
5959 Martin Luther King Jr Way S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8969 – View Map
- Ezra Teshome – State Farm Insurance Agent
1510 14th Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 322-3910 – View Map
- David Lo – State Farm Insurance Agent
12705 Renton Ave S – Seattle, WA 98178 – (206) 772-3388 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Washington?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Why you need quality insurance for your Jeep Patriot
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Jeep at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your Jeep and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Patriot definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Washington is overpaying more than $825 a year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
Quote more to save more
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Seattle is available from both online companies and with local Seattle insurance agents, so you need to shop Seattle auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
More learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)