Are you drained from not being able to afford to pay auto insurance each month? You are no different than many other Washington drivers.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that a large majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in the U.S. can cut their rates by nearly $860 a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to find cheap insurance by shopping around. Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company and get the best coverage at the best rate on Kia Borrego insurance in Seattle.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices as often as possible because auto insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best deal on Kia Borrego insurance in Seattle a year ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Borrego insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn a lot of great tips on how to save money.
Buy Seattle Kia Borrego insurance online
Finding cheap car insurance prices is an easy way to save money. The only thing you need to do is take time comparing rates provided by online insurance companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to all the different insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates this option unless you prefer the guidance that only an agent can give. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Protect more than your Borrego
Even though Seattle Borrego insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance serves several important purposes.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Borrego with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Kia Borrego but also your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Six Tips to Get Cheap Seattle Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Eliminate extra coverages – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Things like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Better car insurance rates on safer vehicles – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Kia Borrego scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Filing car insurance claims can increase rates – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Washington award most affordable rates to people who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Premiums are affected by your credit score – Your credit score can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit. If your credit score can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Borrego by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Increase physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Don’t neglect these price cutting discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Seattle may earn you a small savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Seattle car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To view companies with significant discounts in Washington, click this link.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Local Seattle insurance agencies
A small number of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Seattle that can provide free Seattle car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- If they are an independent agency in Seattle, which companies do they recommend?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
If you’re trying to find a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can select. Agencies in Seattle can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are Seattle exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to get quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Seattle willing to provide comparison quotes.
More effort can pay off
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered a lot of ways to shop for Kia Borrego insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Cheaper Kia Borrego insurance in Seattle can be found on the web in addition to many Seattle insurance agents, so get free Seattle car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below: