Do you want to save money by buying cheaper Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Seattle? Trying to come up with a payment for pricey car insurance can consume your savings and force you to prioritize other expenses. Doing a rate comparison is free and is an excellent way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. U.S. consumers could save about 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to do a rate comparison. Big companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate all claim big savings with ad campaigns and it can be hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and take the time to shop coverage around.
Cheapest auto insurance in Seattle, WA
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Seattle
Buying insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Seattle.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Seattle can help you save on insurance since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to your current Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Paperwork-free – Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 shop Seattle auto insurance on their website.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, membership and employees, driver training, federal employee, and five-year accident-free.
- USAA may have discounts that include new vehicle, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and annual mileage.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, early bird, good driver, bundled insurance, and good student.
- Esurance discounts include Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, renters, safety device, Switch & Save, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including mature driver, alternative fuel, early shopping, multi-car, good student, teen driver, and business and professional.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in every state.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
- Less chance of injury means lower insurance rates – Safer cars get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Discounts for married couples – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Location can impact price – Residing in a rural area can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Don’t cancel your policy without a new one in place – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a fast way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Adjust deductibles and save – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Which gender costs less? – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Men and women cause accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Save money by eliminating add-on coverages – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance policy. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Seattle insurance agencies?
A small number of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Seattle.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to drive around because prices are sent to you. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Seattle
If you prefer to buy insurance from local Seattle agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both do a good job, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you check rates from independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a small list of independent agents in Seattle that can give you free insurance quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
Below are Seattle exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
Choosing the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Seattle?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Seattle?
After you get satisfactory answers to any questions you have and a low price estimate, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets your needs to provide insurance coverage.
Auto insurance savings promises
Washington consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings for switching by State Farm and Allstate. All the companies make an identical promise that drivers will save a bundle after switching your coverage.
How does each company lower your premium rates? It’s all in the numbers.
Many companies quote the lowest rates for the driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a desirable insured might be over age 30, has had continuous coverage, and has a short commute. A driver that meets those criteria receive the lowest rate quotes in Seattle as well as save money with a new company.
Drivers who are not a match for these stringent criteria will probably have to pay a higher rate and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” will save that much if they switch. That is how companies can state the savings.
Different companies use different criteria so drivers should do a quote comparison often. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Lower rates by being persistent
Lower-priced Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Seattle can be purchased from both online companies and with local Seattle insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
We just presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid rate quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Additional car insurance information can be found at the links below
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Seattle, Washington? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)