Finding the cheapest insurance for a Kia Rio in Washington can be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to save time.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Kia and get the best price possible from Seattle insurance agents and online providers.
Quoting the best-priced auto insurance policy in Seattle is not as difficult as people think. If you are insured now or just want to save money, you can learn to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare different rates online.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Seattle which can modify auto insurance rates greatly.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can influence Kia Rio insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Protect more than your Rio
Even though Seattle Rio insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Washington and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Rio has a lien holder, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves your Kia Rio and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Seattle is wasting up to $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Insurance at a Discount
Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your Rio policy. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are some examples. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
Insure car and home with the same company – Some insurers will award better rates to clients who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a chance you can save even more than the discount by splitting coverages up.
Rates for males may be higher – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high insurance rates.
Deter theft and reduce rates – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Insurance loss statistics a Kia Rio – Auto insurance companies analyze the history of losses to help determine rates. Vehicles that statistically have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Rio vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Kia Rio Insurance Claim Statistics
|Specific Kia Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper rates on Kia Rio insurance in Seattle with these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied when you purchase, but some must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Rio insurance in Seattle.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Seattle car insurance but check with your company.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Washington, click here.
Compare prices but work with a local Seattle insurance agency
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agents is especially important in Seattle.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Seattle that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When researching a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to know how they are different since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, you should always include a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Below are Seattle independent agents that may be able to give price quotes.
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
- Sound Insurance Agency, Inc.
9627 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 527-0888 – View Map
- Michael Wong Insurance
1200 Westlake Ave N #607 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0171 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Josh Boender
4453 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 932-2191 – View Map
- Terry Gangon – State Farm Insurance Agent
4727 44th Ave SW Ste 100 – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 935-9955 – View Map
- State Farm – Catherine Budbill
929 N 130th St #5 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 361-3770 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How many companies do they write for?
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers or high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Some auto insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies. Cheaper auto insurance in Seattle is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Seattle, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
You just read many ways to find cheaper Kia Rio insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)