Do you want to save money by finding more competitive auto insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on Kia Soul insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes on a Kia and locate the lowest price.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Washington. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase premium rates significantly.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Seattle
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can increase Kia Soul car insurance rates for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Kia Soul insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Seattle, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Kia for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
Third, insurance protects not only your Kia but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
The ad said I’d save $494 a year!
Consumers in Washington can’t avoid all the ads that claim the best auto insurance rates by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make the point about saving some big amount just by moving your coverage to them.
How is it possible that every company can make almost identical claims? This is the trick they use.
Companies give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable risk might be described as between the ages of 40 and 55, has never had a claim, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any new insured that meets those criteria will get a cheap rate quote in Seattle and most likely will save a lot of money.
Insureds who are not a match for those standards will probably have to pay a more expensive rate which results in business not being written. The ads state “drivers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much when switching. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. Different companies use different criteria so you really need to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Kia Soul insurance in Seattle.
Get cheaper Kia Soul insurance rates in Seattle
Companies do not advertise every available discount very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Seattle car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current Soul insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few companies that may include these money-saving discounts are:
Before buying, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Seattle.
Compare prices but still have a local Seattle insurance agency
Many people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Seattle who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Seattle
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Seattle are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle willing to provide rate quotes.
- Chris Gibbens – State Farm Insurance Agent
607 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 331-4864 – View Map
- Thury Foster – State Farm Insurance Agent
444 NE Ravenna Blvd #104 – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 985-2528 – View Map
- Dave Newman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3435 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 932-1878 – View Map
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you contact several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below are Seattle independent agents that can give you price quotes.
- Sav-On Insurance
9614 17th Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98106 – (206) 767-7444 – View Map
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
- Grange Insurance Association
200 Cedar St – Seattle, WA 98121 – (800) 247-2643 – View Map
You may need specialized insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
How much can you save?
Budget-conscious Kia Soul insurance can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund, high prices or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies can be pretty painless.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Learners Permit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)