Want to save money and find low-cost Kia Spectra insurance in Seattle? Finding better insurance prices for your Kia Spectra in Washington can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Kia and find the cheapest rates either online or from Seattle insurance agents.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes every six months because auto insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Kia Spectra insurance in Seattle six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the only way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Companies offering Kia Spectra insurance in Seattle
The car insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates.
Drive a fast car, truck or SUV and pay more – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. Because the Kia Spectra is classified as a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Seattle. Small economy passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Careless driving leads to higher costs – Having just one citation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant citations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Higher premiums for specific occupations – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as lawyers, airline pilots, and stock brokers generally have higher premium rates attributed to intense work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, students and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Lower physical damage deductibles cost more – Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for insurance.
Vehicle features that cut premiums – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Affordable Seattle insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is expensive, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Early Signing – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching companies before your current Spectra insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a defensive driving class could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Claim-Free Discount – Seattle drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but certain companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Student in College – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Seattle can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Seattle auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, safe vehicle, multiple policy, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, accident-free, TimeAway discount, early bird, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for multi-car, ease of repair, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, mature driver, early shopping, youthful driver, distant student, homeowner, and teen driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in Seattle that provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. Any good agent in Seattle should know the answers to these questions.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from local Seattle agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Seattle are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Barry V. Hasson
7721 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 782-5191 – View Map
- David Lo – State Farm Insurance Agent
12705 Renton Ave S – Seattle, WA 98178 – (206) 772-3388 – View Map
- Greg Nunn – State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Roy St #102 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-9700 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you include price quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Seattle who can help you get price quotes.
- Secord Agency Insurance
265 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 783-4024 – View Map
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
- Seattle Insurance
2414 SW Andover St – Seattle, WA 98106 – (206) 937-4613 – View Map
Quote. Compare. Save.
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
The cheapest Kia Spectra insurance in Seattle can be sourced online in addition to many Seattle insurance agents, so you need to shop Seattle auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider can be easier than you think.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in these articles:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)