Do you want an efficient way to compare cheaper car insurance rates in Kirkland, WA? Kirkland drivers have a choice when trying to find the best price on car insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to compare prices or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your and find the cheapest rates either online or from Kirkland insurance agents.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates before your next renewal because car insurance prices change regularly. Just because you found the lowest rate on car insurance a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the only way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Get lower-cost premiums by understanding these factors
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums.
- More performance means higher costs – The performance of the car or truck you own makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates will normally be found when insuring lower cost passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Alarm systems save money – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Do males or females drive better? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes get in auto accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers in Washington have been known to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher. Adding a teenage driver to your policy can break the bank. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The cheapest Kirkland car insurance quotes online
All major car insurance companies allow you to get prices online. The process is pretty painless as you simply type in the coverages you want on the page. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote.
Getting online price quotes helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
To quickly compare pricing, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting a price comparison for similar coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Kirkland, WA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$862||$431||$72|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$1,052||$526||$88|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$660||$330||$55|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$926||$463||$77|
|Ford Edge SEL 2WD||$906||$453||$76|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$878||$439||$73|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$1,068||$534||$89|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$660||$330||$55|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$662||$331||$55|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,024||$512||$85|
|Honda Odyssey LX||$706||$353||$59|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,032||$516||$86|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,196||$598||$100|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$836||$418||$70|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$968||$484||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower premium rates noticeably.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims impact Honda Accord auto insurance rates for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Kirkland, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Washington overpays more than $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t overlook these insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount very clearly, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Sign Online – Many larger companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will help reduce the cost of your policy.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, safe vehicle, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for 55 and retired, driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, driver training, federal employee, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO has discounts for homeowner, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, multi-car, and teen safety rewards.
Check with every company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Kirkland. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Washington, click here.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision Agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Kirkland who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Kirkland should be willing to answer these questions.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Kirkland car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you’re trying to find a local Kirkland insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Kirkland are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence your agent selection.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Kirkland who may provide you with price quote information.
- Constance Ann – State Farm Insurance Agent
12405 NE 124th St – Kirkland, WA 98034 – (425) 821-2225 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – J Hughes
11251 120th Ave NE #220 – Kirkland, WA 98033 – (425) 778-7500 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Cysewski
11416 Slater Ave NE Ste 201 – Kirkland, WA 98033 – (425) 889-8500 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Kirkland willing to provide comparison quotes.
- First Rate Insurance Plus, Inc.
820 Market St #1 – Kirkland, WA 98033 – (425) 821-1000 – View Map
- Regal Insurance
13824 119th Ave NE – Kirkland, WA 98034 – (425) 820-7272 – View Map
- Joe Hughes Insurance
903 5th Ave #105 – Kirkland, WA 98033 – (425) 827-8066 – View Map
Upon getting positive feedback to any questions you may have and inexpensive Kirkland car insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide auto insurance.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When quoting and choosing your policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Shop around and save
In this article, we presented many ways to save on insurance in Kirkland. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. Affordable insurance in Kirkland is definitely available online in addition to many Kirkland insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, policy cancellation or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More information is located at these links:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)