How long has it been since you sat down and looked for lower-priced Land Rover LR2 insurance in Seattle? Are you a victim of overpriced Land Rover LR2 insurance in Seattle? Don’t feel bad because there are a lot of people in Seattle just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance policy.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Many consumers in Washington could cut their rates by almost 40% a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they switch to a new company.
Due to the large number of insurance companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Land Rover LR2 in Seattle, it is very difficult to find the most cost effective insurer.
These tips will instruct you on how insurance works and how to save the most money. If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Although Washington consumers should learn the way companies compete online.
Compare Seattle Land Rover LR2 insurance price quotes
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some companies don’t provide online Seattle LR2 insurance quotes, so you should also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR2 HSE Luxury||$182||$310||$282||$16||$84||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise rates substantially.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below illustrates the difference between Land Rover LR2 auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Washington minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive rule for phasing out comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Land Rover LR2 claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Protect your Land Rover LR2 and other assets
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Seattle, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Land Rover at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your LR2 definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheap rates by taking advantage of these eight discounts
Some providers don’t list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- E-sign Discounts – Some auto insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current LR2 insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Accident Free – Seattle drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Land Rover may enable drivers to earn cheaper premium rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on LR2 insurance in Seattle.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, homeowners, early bird, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, student driver, and automatic seat belts.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, driver’s education, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, multi-policy, education and occupation, good student, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-policy, newly married, multi-car, new vehicle discount, newly retired, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and online signing.
Double check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not apply in your area.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agencies is definitely important in Seattle.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Seattle who will give you bids for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
When researching a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Seattle are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Listed below are independent agents in Seattle who may provide competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Seattle who can help you get price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency requires more thought than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like theft, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, dental work, pain medications and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your LR2 from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your LR2 to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Land Rover LR2.
Due to the fact that many Washington drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like loss of income, medical expenses and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Washington requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
In the end, you can save money
We just presented many ideas to reduce Land Rover LR2 insurance prices online in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)