Are you searching for the cheapest Lexus GS 450h insurance in Seattle? Online price comparisons for cheap GS 450h insurance might sound like a lofty goal if you’re new to online quotes. Don’t let that bother you because we’re going to show you how to find lower-cost Lexus GS 450h in Seattle.
It’s hard to fathom, but most drivers in Washington have been with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. U.S. consumers could pocket nearly 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare other rate quotes.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates as often as possible because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best rates on Lexus GS 450h insurance in Seattle at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. There is lot of inaccurate information about GS 450h insurance online but I’m going to show you some solid techniques on how to find affordable auto insurance in Seattle.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Buying the best coverage in Seattle is not as hard as you may think. Nevertheless, Washington car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies compete online and use it to find better rates.
Save money on Lexus GS 450h insurance in Seattle with these auto insurance discounts
Companies don’t always publicize all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Seattle auto insurance quote. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Online Discount – A handful of auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on GS 450h insurance in Seattle.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- 21st Century discounts include driver training, student driver, homeowners, defensive driver, early bird, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide has discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, easy pay, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, and business or organization.
- Esurance may include discounts for Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, DriveSense, multi-policy, multi-car, defensive driver, and homeowner.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, good student, and bundle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Washington, click this link.
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. By far the easiest way to find competitive Lexus GS 450h insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best price. Not every company does online price quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates from them, too.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in Washington. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GS 450H Hybrid||$192||$426||$356||$22||$106||$1,102||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can revise coverage prices noticeably.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Lexus GS 450h insurance costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Lexus GS 450h Insurance Cost Factors
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status or your commute time. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
The list below includes some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Safety first – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in a small town is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Your spouse saves you money – Having a significant other can get you a discount on your policy. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Attentive drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Only having one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have received flagrant violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Too many policy claims will drive prices up – Car insurance companies in Washington generally give discounts to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Insurance losses for a Lexus GS 450h – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Lexus GS 450h vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Lexus GS 450h Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus GS 450h Hybrid 4dr||208||250|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Neighborhood Seattle auto insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Seattle.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Seattle that provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you want a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Seattle are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Seattle independent agencies who may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Spangler Insurance
431 15th Ave E – Seattle, WA 98112 – (206) 329-7447 – View Map
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 932-2500 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that are able to give price quotes.
- Olivia Crelencia – State Farm Insurance Agent
502 Rainier Ave S Ste 102 – Seattle, WA 98144 – (206) 725-2424 – View Map
- Luan Vu – State Farm Insurance Agent
6951 Martin Luther King Jr Way S #224 – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 243-3041 – View Map
- Sheila Burrus – State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 N Northgate Way – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 364-2210 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Seattle?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus GS 450h in Seattle, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Lexus gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Washington overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
You can lower your car insurance rates
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easier than you think.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Seattle can be found from both online companies and with local Seattle insurance agents, so you need to quote Seattle auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just learned a lot of information how to find lower-cost Lexus GS 450h insurance in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Seattle auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Seattle, Washington? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)