Are you regretting the purchase of overpriced Lexus IS 200t insurance in Seattle? Don’t feel bad because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
It’s hard to fathom, but over 70% of Washington drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. American drivers can cut their rates by $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy. Since people have many insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Lexus IS 200t in Seattle, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the best insurer.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Seattle is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the fastest way to shop their coverage around instantly.
Finding cheap Seattle auto insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. Just spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes to see which company has inexpensive Seattle auto insurance quotes.
It’s so easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to drive around to all the different Seattle insurance agencies. Doing it all online eliminates the middleman unless you’re the type of person who wants the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Washington. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a slight reduction on a Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
To locate providers with discount auto insurance rates in Washington, follow this link.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus IS 200t in Seattle, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $800 each year so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you instantly. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How long has their agency been open in Seattle?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Who are their largest clients?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can write insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle willing to provide price quote information.