When trying to find lower-priced insurance, are you frustrated by the dozens of insurance choices in your area? Vehicle owners have such a large number of options that it can really be a chore to find the best insurance rates for Lexus LFA insurance in Seattle. If you live there, you know that Seattle is a good city to live in, but budgeting for expensive insurance can make it very difficult to pay other bills every month.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Washington could cut their rates by as much as 40% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Lexus LFA insurance in Seattle is to realize most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. All you need to do is provide information such as how many miles driven, the year, make and model of vehicles, coverage limits, and what your job is. Your information is then sent to multiple car insurance providers and you get price estimates immediately.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Lexus LFA now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Seattle.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus LFA in Seattle, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Seattle car insurance discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Lexus can earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current LFA insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, driver training, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, good student
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, anti-theft, good student, multiple autos, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, age of vehicle, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for early bird, automatic seat belts, student driver, 55 and older, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate may offer discounts for anti-theft, premier discount, good student, auto/life discount, multi-policy, and teenSMART discount.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer cheap Lexus LFA insurance quotes in Seattle, click here.
Car insurance quotes from local Seattle insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Seattle.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Seattle that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Seattle for you
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Seattle are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you absolutely need to check rates from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of which may provide better rates.
Below are Seattle independent agencies who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Cairns Insurance Agency
13751 Lake City Way NE #214 – Seattle, WA 98125 – (206) 368-8117 – View Map
- Norwest Insurance Agency
5191 S Spencer St – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 965-8140 – View Map
- Michael Wong Insurance
1200 Westlake Ave N #607 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0171 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
The following are Seattle exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Barry V. Hasson
7721 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 782-5191 – View Map
- Alex Bagdasarov – State Farm Insurance Agent
4719 University Way NE #202 – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 946-1986 – View Map
- Greg Nunn – State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Roy St #102 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-9700 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Seattle?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Seattle?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as loss of income, court costs, medical expenses and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Washington requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your LFA to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a deer, hail damage and fire damage. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Lexus LFA.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (Washington limits are 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for things like EMT expenses, dental work, prosthetic devices and surgery. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
One last note
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Discount Lexus LFA insurance in Seattle is available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is less work than it seems.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)