Finding cheap Seattle Lexus RC 300 insurance quotes can be overwhelming for beginners to comparing rates over the internet. With dozens of online companies, how are vehicle owners expected to effectively compare the different rates to find better rates?
Regrettably, most auto insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Washington drivers could save an average of approximately $430 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because prices are constantly changing. If you had the lowest rate on Lexus RC 300 insurance in Seattle at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to buy cheaper Lexus RC 300 insurance in Seattle.
This article’s goal is to help educate you on how insurance works and how to save the most money. If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the techniques presented in this article. Nevertheless, Washington car owners should learn the way companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information such as the type of vehicles you drive, marital status, how much coverage you want, and whether you have decent credit. Those rating factors is automatically sent to all major companies and they return rate quotes within a short period of time.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Seattle.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Lexus RC 300 insurance discounts in Seattle
Some companies do not advertise every discount very well, so here is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Seattle car insurance online.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow their insurance company to study their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get reduced rates.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on the internet.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- American Family offers discounts including TimeAway discount, defensive driver, air bags, good driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good student, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, easy pay, business or organization, and defensive driving.
- MetLife has savings for good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, good student
- 21st Century may have discounts that include driver training, theft prevention, homeowners, air bags, student driver, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for early shopping, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, mature driver, alternative fuel, and bundle discounts.
- Allstate includes discounts for auto/life discount, FullPay discount, passive restraint, teenSMART discount, good payer, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Seattle. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Seattle, click here.
Insurance quotes from local Seattle insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower prices and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Seattle.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Seattle that provide free Seattle car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to find a good Seattle insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Seattle agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most can insure with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent agencies in Seattle that can give you price quote information.
- Secord Agency Insurance
265 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 783-4024 – View Map
- Johnson Insurance Agency
9200 Holman Rd NW – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 789-5940 – View Map
- Christopher Togawa Insurance Agency
222 Etruria St # 110 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 838-9450 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Seattle willing to provide price quotes.
- State Farm: Karrie Dubose
1530 Westlake Ave N Suite 100 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 971-5400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Carmelita Strong
5959 Martin Luther King Jr Way S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8969 – View Map
- Sheila Burrus – State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 N Northgate Way – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 364-2210 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
If you receive positive responses to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Why you need insurance
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lexus, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Lexus. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverages – This will pay to fix damage to your RC 300 resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your RC 300 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like EMT expenses, nursing services and pain medications. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability – This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/10 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible. Washington requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Lexus RC 300.
Due to the fact that many Washington drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Washington limits are 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hail damage, a broken windshield, damage from flooding, fire damage and theft. The most your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Quote. Compare. Save.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Lower-priced Lexus RC 300 insurance in Seattle can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Seattle, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
You just read many ideas to shop for Lexus RC 300 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)