Do you want to learn to get more affordable Lincoln LS insurance in Seattle? Think you have overpriced Lincoln LS insurance in Seattle? Believe me, there are many Seattle consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance.
It’s amazing but over 70% of Washington drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in the U.S. could cut their rates by about $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to save money by comparing rate quotes. Many insurers vie to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute lowest rate possible on Lincoln LS insurance in Seattle.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes every six months since prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Lincoln LS insurance in Seattle two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the quickest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to buy cheaper insurance without reducing protection. Locating the best rates in Seattle is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Shoppers just have to use the quickest method to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Best companies for affordable Lincoln LS insurance in Washington
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cheaper Seattle auto insurance rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but a few must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Memberships – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Seattle car insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can save you money because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Seattle car insurance depending on your company.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, defensive driving training, student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and good student.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- AAA has discounts for good student, anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, military active duty, defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, federal employee, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good student, low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, ease of repair, multi-policy, annual mileage, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for distant student, switch companies, mature driver, teen driver, early shopping, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
When getting free Seattle car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Seattle. To locate providers with the best Lincoln LS insurance discounts in Washington, click here to view.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Seattle who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Washington?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
When searching for a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are Seattle exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle that can give you price quote information.
After you get good feedback to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles.
But the ad said I’d save 15% in 15 minutes!
Consumers in Washington can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper auto insurance from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to seem to make the promise that you can save just by moving your policy.
Is it even possible that every company can charge lower premium rates? This is the trick they use.
Insurance companies give the best rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. For instance, this type of insured might have to be between 30 and 50, has few claims, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” will get a cheap rate quote in Seattle and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who don’t measure up to those criteria may be forced to pay more expensive rates and ends up with the customer buying from someone else. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much when switching. That’s the way companies can truthfully claim big savings. That is why drivers must do a rate comparison at every renewal. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will have the best prices for your profile.
Lower rates by being persistent
As you quote Seattle car insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Some insurance providers may not have rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Cost effective Lincoln LS insurance is possible online and with local Seattle insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional insurance information is located at the links below
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)