How long have you put off shopping around for more affordable Nissan Quest insurance in Seattle? Finding more affordable Seattle Nissan Quest insurance quotes can be impossible for vehicle owners who are new to buying their insurance over the internet. Since there are so many insurers available, how are vehicle owners expected to have time to compare them all to find the best available price?
A study showed that nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Seattle could pocket approximately 40% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get Seattle Quest insurance quotes over the internet, so you also need to get price estimates from them, too.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow driving data collection to study their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Senior Discount – Seniors are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- American Family may include discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, good student, TimeAway discount, air bags, and good driver.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, good student, student away at school, accident-free, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including early bird, student driver, good student, theft prevention, air bags, automatic seat belts, and driver training.
- Travelers has discounts for driver training, save driver, home ownership, multi-policy, student away at school, new car, and early quote.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, military active duty, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good student.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your area. To find companies who offer online Nissan Quest insurance quotes in Washington, follow this link.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Teenage drivers in Washington have been known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teenage driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most major insurers will give discounts for people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare Nissan Quest rates in Seattle to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Do you work long hours in a tough occupation? – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations such as military generals, executives and dentists tend to have higher average rates because of high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, athletes and retirees get better rates.
- Never let your auto insurance lapse – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license.
- Nissan Quest insurance loss statistics – Companies analyze the history of losses when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Quest vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Nissan Quest Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Quest 96 103 94 120 115 98
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Seattle insurance agencies?
A lot of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Washington?
- How long has the business existed?
- What companies can they write with?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Seattle who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Ezra Teshome – State Farm Insurance Agent
1510 14th Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 322-3910 – View Map
- Jeff Kalvelage – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 N 36th St #201 – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 588-0559 – View Map
- Chris Gibbens – State Farm Insurance Agent
607 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 331-4864 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Seattle independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Sav-On Insurance
9614 17th Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98106 – (206) 767-7444 – View Map
- Gurry and Rogers Insurance Inc
1200 5th Ave #1825 – Seattle, WA 98101 – (206) 621-6444 – View Map
- Propel Insurance: Marinkovich Stephen
925 4th Ave #3200 – Seattle, WA 98104 – (206) 676-4216 – View Map
Once you have good answers to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Discount Nissan Quest insurance in Seattle can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers work with independent agencies.
As you quote Seattle auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for Nissan Quest insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Seattle auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)