Have you finally had enough of trying to scrape together enough money to pay high insurance rates every month? You are no different than millions of other drivers.
It’s hard to fathom, but most consumers in Washington have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Most drivers in America can save roughly $859 each year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy. There are many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to get the best deal for Nissan Versa insurance in Seattle.
Finding and buying the most affordable policy in Seattle is quite easy. If you’re already insured or just want cheaper coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Smart buyers just have to know the best way to compare company rates from many different companies.
Cheapest companies for Nissan Versa insurance
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$188||$376||$294||$18||$88||$964||$80|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$118||$322||$384||$22||$114||$960||$80|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$184||$364||$386||$22||$116||$1,072||$89|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$168||$386||$304||$18||$90||$966||$81|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$218||$588||$384||$22||$114||$1,326||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise rates considerably.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The information below shows the difference between Nissan Versa insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders can increase Nissan Versa premium costs for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cheap Seattle auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts very well, so here is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Seattle car insurance quote.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Versa is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- College Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Seattle and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, good driver, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide has savings for anti-theft, multi-policy, defensive driving, good student, family plan, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good student
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for homeowners, driver training, anti-lock brakes, air bags, defensive driver, 55 and older, and theft prevention.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for pay in full, good student, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, homeowner, youthful driver, and business and professional.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including eSmart discount, passive restraint, resident student, EZ pay plan discount, auto/life discount, and good student.
When getting free Seattle car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered everywhere. For a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Seattle, click this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Nissan Versa?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
When to talk to an agent
Some people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. Supporting small agencies is still important in Seattle.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to companies in Seattle that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Seattle can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you should always get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Seattle who may be able to give you rate quotes.
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Seattle that are able to give price quote information.
Mark Hafemeister – State Farm Insurance Agent
14322 Lake City Way NE – Seattle, WA 98125 – (206) 365-0600 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical services, court costs, bail bonds and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Washington state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hail damage, vandalism and fire damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Nissan Versa.
Since many Washington drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, funeral costs, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Versa from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Versa in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Cheaper auto insurance in Seattle can be bought both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation or delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies can be pretty painless.
When getting Seattle car insurance quotes online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Seattle, Washington? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)