How many times have you told yourself to find the cheapest Pontiac G8 insurance in Seattle? No sane person gets a kick out of paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is way too high.
Sadly, the vast majority of insurance customers in Washington renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save about $859 every year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Because you have many companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Pontiac G8 in Seattle, it can be diffult for people to choose a lower cost insurance company.
Locating the best rates in Seattle can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using these techniques. But Washington car owners do need to learn how big insurance companies determine what you pay.
Most major insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate give coverage prices from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Pontiac G8 insurance in Seattle is fairly straightforward as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences on the page. Upon sending the form, the system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get a better rate.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Washington. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Save money on Pontiac G8 insurance in Seattle with these five insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Seattle Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching companies prior to your current G8 insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Senior Discount – Seniors may be able to get a slight reduction on a Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including good driver, type of vehicle, multi-policy, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, good student, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for business and professional, switch companies, good student, pay in full, alternative fuel, and mature driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include multi-policy, multiple vehicles, good student, paperless, teen driver, paid in full, and mature driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including good student, safety features, newly retired, new graduate, new move discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, good student, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- USAA offers premium reductions for annual mileage, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and vehicle storage.
If you are trying to find affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Buying auto insurance from Seattle auto insurance agents
Many people prefer to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Seattle?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Two types of car insurance agents
If you need to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Auto insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that can give you price quotes.
Lucho Singh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 Harvard Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 329-4450 – View Map
Thury Foster – State Farm Insurance Agent
444 NE Ravenna Blvd #104 – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 985-2528 – View Map
Ezra Teshome – State Farm Insurance Agent
1510 14th Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 322-3910 – View Map
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to check rates from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Seattle that can give you price quote information.
Michael Wong Insurance
1200 Westlake Ave N #607 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0171 – View Map
Grange Insurance Association
200 Cedar St – Seattle, WA 98121 – (800) 247-2643 – View Map
9614 17th Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98106 – (206) 767-7444 – View Map
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for things like prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, nursing services, dental work and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism, fire damage, damage from getting keyed and hail damage. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Washington state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your G8 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your G8 to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Pontiac G8.
Due to the fact that many Washington drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10 in Washington), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
When getting Seattle auto insurance quotes online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your Pontiac G8 insurance rates in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting low cost Seattle auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through local independent agents. Cheap Pontiac G8 insurance in Seattle can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Seattle, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Washington is located at these links:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Seattle, Washington? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)