How long has it been since you sat down and looked for low-cost insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Pontiac Solstice insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Pontiac and locate the best price possible either online or from Seattle insurance agents.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes occasionally because rates change quite often. If you had the lowest premium rates on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Seattle two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about Solstice insurance online, but I’m going to show you some great ways to lower your insurance premiums.
Getting more affordable auto insurance pricing is a great way to save money. Drivers just need to take a couple of minutes getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Washington. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but a few need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to look at driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Solstice insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Seattle car insurance online.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Paper-free Discount – A few auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application over the internet.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
Some companies that may have most of the discounts above are:
If you want the cheapest Pontiac Solstice rate quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state. To see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Seattle, click here to view.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Seattle who will give you bids for your business. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Seattle, get answers to these questions.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
If you want a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can handle insurance, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that can give you price quotes.
- Jeff Kalvelage – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 N 36th St #201 – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 588-0559 – View Map
- Thury Foster – State Farm Insurance Agent
444 NE Ravenna Blvd #104 – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 985-2528 – View Map
- Raymond Insurance-Pemco and Progressive
6011 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 933-8812 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Seattle independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Grange Insurance Association
200 Cedar St – Seattle, WA 98121 – (800) 247-2643 – View Map
- Norwest Insurance Agency
5191 S Spencer St – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 965-8140 – View Map
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
After receiving positive responses to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is reputable and can service your policy.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
The Pontiac Solstice Insurance Premium Equation
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find better car insurance rates. Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Having an address in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. City drivers regularly have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Washington motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Accidents can be expensive – Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. People who have dangerous violations like reckless driving or DUI may need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Prices go up with performance – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Because the Pontiac Solstice is classified as a sport coupe, rates will be much more compared to average rates in Seattle.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are rearending another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- How much liability insurance – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Discounts for married couples – Your spouse may earn you lower rates on your car insurance bill. Having a spouse means you’re more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Choosing the best Solstice insurance in Washington is an important decision
Even though Seattle Solstice insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will require that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects your Pontiac and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
You just learned some good ideas how to compare Pontiac Solstice insurance premium rates in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Seattle car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Additional car insurance information is located below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)