When looking for lower-cost insurance, do you get frustrated by the sheer number of insurance sources in your area? You have so many options that it can be a burden to find the lowest price for Pontiac Vibe insurance in Seattle. Everyone knows Seattle has lots to offer, but the high cost of insurance can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to keep a tight budget.
Unimaginable but true, most drivers in Washington renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. U.S. consumers could save themselves about 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates online.
It’s a good idea to shop coverage around every six months since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the best rate on Pontiac Vibe insurance in Seattle on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to teach you the only way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons for Pontiac Vibe insurance in Seattle is to realize most of the larger companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide details including whether you drive to work or school, which vehicles you own, if you went to college, and if a SR-22 is needed. Your rating data is submitted instantly to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
To check rates for your Pontiac Vibe now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact rates considerably.
Cost of full coverage
The example below shows the difference between Pontiac Vibe car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set rule to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Pontiac Vibe settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The diagram below shows the difference between Pontiac Vibe insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Pontiac Vibe insurance in Seattle
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Seattle auto insurance online.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Claim-Free Discount – Seattle drivers who stay claim-free pay less as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount should help lower your policy cost.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multi-car, drive less, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, early bird, and mySafetyValet.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, good student, claim-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, five-year accident-free, military active duty, driver training, federal employee, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company how you can save money. A few discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Washington, click here.
Insurance in Washington serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Vibe, most lenders will require that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Pontiac but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Washington?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
When should I contact an insurance agent?
Certain consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is sent to companies in Seattle who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Seattle should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?