Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to make your auto insurance payment? You’re in the same situation as most other drivers in Washington.
Astonishing but true, over 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,202, Seattle drivers could save approximately 40% each year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
You have multiple auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to find a good deal for Porsche Cayman insurance in Seattle.
Finding Porsche Cayman insurance in Seattle
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes will enable you to find more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayman 2-Dr Coupe||$220||$466||$310||$18||$92||$1,106||$92|
|Cayman S 2-Dr Coupe||$234||$488||$304||$18||$90||$1,134||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can alter coverage prices significantly.
Porsche Cayman insurance premiums by gender and age
The diagram below shows the comparison of Porsche Cayman insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance deductibles
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can change Porsche Cayman insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Porsche Cayman insurance, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cayman has a lien holder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Porsche at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Porsche but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheap Porsche Cayman insurance in Seattle with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Cayman insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Seattle auto insurance online.
- No Claims – Seattle drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow their company to study when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A partial list of companies who might offer these discounts include:
If you need affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Washington, follow this link.
Local Seattle insurance agencies and car insurance
Some consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower premium rates and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Seattle.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Seattle insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Seattle agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Seattle that may be able to provide free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Seattle exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Picking an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Once you have received acceptable answers to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to provide car insurance coverage. But keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel your coverage for any reason so don’t feel you are locked into your new company with no way to switch.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What is the ISO rating for a Porsche Cayman?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Washington?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What happens if I owe more than my Porsche Cayman is worth?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/10 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like pain and suffering, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Washington requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, a broken windshield, hitting a deer and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, nursing services, X-ray expenses and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Porsche Cayman.
Due to the fact that many Washington drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Washington limits are 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Cayman resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like backing into a parked car, rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Cayman to bring the cost down.
In the end, you can save money
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions or high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More affordable car insurance in Seattle is possible on the web and with local Seattle insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
You just learned many tips how you can shop for Porsche Cayman insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)