Would you prefer to buy lower-priced Saab 9-3 insurance in Seattle? Buying the cheapest Seattle Saab 9-3 insurance quotes on the internet can seem to be rather challenging for drivers new to quoting and comparing rates on the internet. With so many online companies available, how are we expected to have the ability to compare every company in order to find the cheapest rates?
Astonishing but true, most auto insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Washington could save approximately $400 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to go online and compare rates.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the tips covered below. Our objective in writing this article is to teach you a little about the best way to quote coverages and how you can save the most money. But Washington vehicle owners must know the methods companies use to charge you for coverage.
Get cheaper Saab 9-3 insurance rates in Seattle
Some companies do not list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies that may offer these benefits possibly include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in every state. To locate companies with discount car insurance rates in Seattle, click here to view.
Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies will enable you to find lower pricing.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$274||$610||$326||$20||$98||$1,328||$111|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$198||$376||$236||$14||$70||$894||$75|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$278||$264||$16||$78||$772||$64|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$274||$610||$264||$16||$78||$1,242||$104|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$200||$412||$310||$18||$92||$1,032||$86|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$354||$764||$338||$20||$102||$1,578||$132|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$170||$370||$326||$20||$98||$984||$82|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$354||$764||$338||$20||$102||$1,578||$132|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$342||$690||$300||$18||$90||$1,440||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower coverage rates greatly.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The example below illustrates the comparison of Saab 9-3 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accidents influence Saab 9-3 yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below examines Saab 9-3 yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Washington. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set guideline for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Saab 9-3 book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Six factors that influence insurance premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates.
The following are some of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Your deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the less your insurance will be.
- Why do you need liability insurance? – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles in a year the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated 9-3 is just wasting money. Make sure your insurance declarations sheet states the right rating data.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Youthful drivers pay high rates – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.Young drivers tend to be less responsible when driving with friends therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Impacts performance impacts premiums – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices will generally be found on small economy passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Due to the fact that the Saab 9-3 is classified as a luxury sedan, insurance will be more when compared to the average rates in Seattle.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Seattle insurance agent
Many drivers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Seattle.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Seattle that can provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Shown below are Seattle insurance companies that can give you comparison quotes for Saab 9-3 insurance in Seattle.
- Sheila Burrus – State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 N Northgate Way – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 364-2210 – View Map
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
- Ezra Teshome – State Farm Insurance Agent
1510 14th Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 322-3910 – View Map
- Heather Proctor – State Farm Insurance Agent
2600 SW Barton St, Ste E22 – Seattle, WA 98126 – (206) 935-3922 – View Map
Finding the right company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How many years have they been established?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Saab 9-3 in Seattle, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your 9-3, more than likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Saab at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your 9-3 definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When getting Seattle auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Saab 9-3 insurance premium rates in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
Budget-conscious Saab 9-3 insurance can be bought on the web and from local agencies, so get free Seattle auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer price quotes online and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Additional learning opportunities
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)