Do you think you bought an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me, there are many Seattle drivers thinking the same thing.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Washington consumers could save themselves nearly $400 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes. Popular companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO persitently shower you with advertising and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It is always a good idea to check auto insurance prices quite often because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest price on Acura NSX insurance in Seattle on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the things you must know in order to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these techniques to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. Choosing the best rates in Seattle seems hard but is not really that difficult. Shoppers just have to know the most efficient way to find the lowest price from many different companies.
Cutting your Seattle car insurance rates is not rocket science. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes to find the company with affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to insurance agencies in your area. Buying insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional assistance that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Choosing NSX insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance is required in Washington but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your NSX has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Acura at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your Acura gets damaged, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Washington is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to save money.
Discount Seattle auto insurance rates
Companies don’t always list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when getting a Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the web.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
- Allstate may have discounts that include auto/life discount, passive restraint, 55 and retired, farm vehicle, and early signing.
- Nationwide has savings for good student, easy pay, multi-policy, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Seattle. For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Washington, click here to view.
Local Seattle insurance agencies
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Seattle?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are they full-time agents?
Shown below is a short list of car insurance companies in Seattle who can help you get price quote information for Acura NSX insurance in Seattle.
Upon receiving positive responses for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurer that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that you can always cancel coverage for any reason so don’t feel that you are obligated to a policy for the full policy term.
You just learned a lot of ways to lower your Acura NSX insurance rates in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Seattle auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Discount Acura NSX insurance in Seattle can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at these sites:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)