Do you need a fast way to compare lower-priced Chevy Spark insurance in Seattle? There isn’t a single person who likes buying auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
A recent survey discovered that most consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Washington being $1,202, drivers could pocket up to $430 a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop their coverage around.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute best rates possible on Chevy Spark insurance in Seattle.
To find the best auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare prices from lots of Washington auto insurance companies. The easiest way to find the cheapest Chevy Spark insurance rates is to get quotes online.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it replaces the need to drive to local Seattle insurance agencies. The internet makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the professional assistance that only an agent can give. It is possible to compare online quotes and have a local agent actually service the policy.
When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Paper-free Discount – Many larger companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for air bag, driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, good student, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, anti-theft, professional/association, good student, and location of vehicle.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, military active duty, air bags, driver training, membership and employees, good student, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, accident-free, passive restraint, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Washington, click here to view.
Exclusive or independent insurance agencies
Many drivers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Washington?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
After you get good answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance company that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. You are unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chevy Spark?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine rates.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles lowers rates – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less your insurance will be.
- Do you know you’re credit score? – Credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your insurance rates. Insureds with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Spark by improving your rating.
- City traffic equals higher premiums – Residing in a rural area is a positive aspect when buying insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident. Drivers who live in large Washington cities have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Your employer is a factor – Jobs such as military generals, executives and stock brokers tend to pay higher rates than average due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers like farmers, historians and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Getting married can lower costs – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though Seattle Spark insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy Spark. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Seattle is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Chevy Spark insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you quote Seattle auto insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)