Want to learn how to save money and find lower-priced car insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle consumers have many options when looking for the lowest priced Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes for a Subaru and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and Seattle agents.
Affordable auto insurance in Seattle, WA
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Score discounts on Seattle auto insurance
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Paperwork-free – Many larger companies will give a small break simply for signing on the web.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially as opposed to bad drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Subaru could qualify for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that may include these benefits include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. For a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Washington, click here.
Compare rates but buy from a local Seattle insurance agent
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Seattle that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Seattle may be either exclusive or independent. Both can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to know the differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Seattle that may be able to give comparison quotes.
- C. Don Filer Agency
4201 Roosevelt Way NE #200 – Seattle, WA 98105 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 932-2500 – View Map
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Seattle willing to provide price quotes.
- Chuck McFarland – State Farm Insurance Agent
9776 Holman Rd NW #107 – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 788-4640 – View Map
- Paulla Suy – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Jackson St #213 – Seattle, WA 98104 – (206) 381-3733 – View Map
- Chris Gibbens – State Farm Insurance Agent
607 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 331-4864 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long has their agency been in business in Seattle?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When buying a policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a deer, hitting a bird, hail damage, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses such as pain medications, nursing services, funeral costs and ambulance fees. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Washington requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
This coverage covers damage to your B9 Tribeca caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your B9 Tribeca to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Subaru B9 Tribeca.
Due to the fact that many Washington drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Low-cost Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance in Seattle can be sourced both online in addition to many Seattle insurance agents, so get free Seattle auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When getting Seattle auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We covered many tips how you can compare Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance rates in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Seattle auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with a small mutual company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
More learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)