Are you trying to find lower-priced car insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Scion xD insurance. You can either spend your time driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Scion and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and Seattle agents.
Most of the larger companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes on the web. Getting Scion xD insurance prices online is quite easy as you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on the data you entered.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Scion xD insurance in Seattle makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to do this in order to find cheaper rates.
In order to get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This way, you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|XD 4-Dr Hatchback
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can impact insurance rates considerably.
Age-based car insurance rates by gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Scion xD auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Why you need quality insurance for your xD
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Seattle, buying auto insurance is required in Washington but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Scion at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Scion gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Washington is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
How Your xD Insurance Rates are Determined
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Prices also based on gender – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Decrease prices by maintaining coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Prices can change based on your address – Having an address in less populated areas has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance declarations sheet is showing the right rating data. Having the wrong rating on your xD is just wasting money.
You may qualify for discounts for Scion xD insurance in Seattle
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a safe driver course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Scion may allow you to get lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies that may offer these discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply to policies in Seattle. If you would like to view insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Seattle, click this link.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Washington?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Seattle?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Seattle?
If you want to buy insurance from a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both types can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
These agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Seattle that can give you rate quotes.
- Chris Gibbens – State Farm Insurance Agent
607 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 331-4864 – View Map
- Ezra Teshome – State Farm Insurance Agent
1510 14th Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 322-3910 – View Map
- Raymond Insurance-Pemco and Progressive
6011 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 933-8812 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. When comparing insurance rates, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Seattle that are able to give rate quotes.
- Ati Agency Inc
2150 N 107th St # 460 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 522-9200 – View Map
- Vern Fonk
10301 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 408-5098 – View Map
- Roy Potter Insurance
412 Queen Anne Ave N – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0470 – View Map
If you get good feedback to these questions and locked in a price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy.
Quote. Compare. Save.
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Scion xD insurance in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)