Finding affordable Seattle Acura ZDX insurance quotes on the internet may seem to be overwhelming for consumers that are relatively new to buying insurance on the web. Since there are so many insurance companies available, how can Seattle drivers have time to compare each option to find the cheapest price possible?
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. With the average premium in Washington being $1,200, drivers could save an average of up to $400 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Affordable Acura insurance rate quotes in Seattle
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$150||$272||$278||$16||$82||$798||$67|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$190||$364||$300||$18||$90||$962||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates considerably.
Acura ZDX liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below shows the comparison of Acura ZDX car insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The prices are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive rule for eliminating physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Acura ZDX replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can drive up Acura ZDX insurance costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
How high should deductibles be?
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Acura ZDX insurance rates for each different age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Some companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total ZDX insurance premium.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a defensive driver course could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new ZDX is cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Paperwork-free – Many larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- College Student – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Seattle and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, good student, business or organization, accident-free, anti-theft, and defensive driving.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, driver training, membership and employees, air bags, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- 21st Century offers discounts for good student, homeowners, driver training, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, and 55 and older.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and anti-theft.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere. To see car insurance companies that offer discounts in Seattle, click here.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Seattle that can provide free Seattle car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Different types of Seattle car insurance agents
When searching for a local Seattle insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can choose from. Agencies in Seattle are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle that are able to give rate quotes.
- Charles Cohen – State Farm Insurance Agent
9750 Greenwood Ave N #104 – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 784-5151 – View Map
- Brent Amacher – State Farm Insurance Agent
2319 California Ave SW Ste A – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 935-0499 – View Map
- Sheila Burrus – State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 N Northgate Way – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 364-2210 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Seattle that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Michael Wong Insurance
1200 Westlake Ave N #607 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0171 – View Map
- Sound Insurance Agency, Inc.
9627 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 527-0888 – View Map
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
The ad said I’d save $447 a year!
Respected companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all advertise the message that drivers will save a bundle if you switch to their company. How does each company give you a lower rate on Acura ZDX insurance in Seattle? This is how they do it.
Companies can use profiling for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. One example of a desirable insured may need to be a married male, carries full coverage, and has great credit. Someone that meets those criteria will get a cheap rate quote in Seattle and will also save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who do not match these criteria will get a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer not buying. The wording the ads use say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save money. That’s why companies can truthfully lure you into getting a quote. Each company has different criteria, so you should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which auto insurance company will be your best fit.
Frequent quotes can save
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies is actually quite simple.
Lower-priced insurance in Seattle can be found online and with local Seattle insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Acura ZDX insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with an unexpected company.
For more information, take a look at the resources below: