If you’re shopping for cheaper insurance on the web, are you confused by the crazy number of insurance choices in Seattle? There are so many options that it is hard work to find the perfect company for you. Seattle is a great city to raise a family in, but expensive insurance premiums can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to be able to buy decent coverage.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the majority of drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the United States can save $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates quite often because insurance prices change frequently. If you had the best quotes on Audi TTS insurance in Seattle at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons for Audi TTS insurance in Seattle is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in online systems to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like driver details, types of safety features, how you use your vehicles, and whether you are single or married. Your rating data gets sent immediately to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Audi TTS insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every possible discount very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Seattle auto insurance online.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as State Farm and Progressive may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free before the accident.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current TTS insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Washington, click this link.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the things that factor into your rate level.
Teenagers vs. experienced drivers – Teenage drivers in Washington are known to be inattentive behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
Liability coverage safeguards assets – The liability section of your policy will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Safety first – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
Does your occupation cost you more? – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like doctors, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Other careers such as professors, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Rates and your address – Choosing to live in areas with lower population can save you money when buying insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims
Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men have fender benders at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 cause the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
Insurance loss statistics an Audi TTS – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine rates. Models that tend to have increased losses will have higher premium rates.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Audi TTS vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi TTS Vehicles
|Specific Audi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi TTS 2dr 4WD||141|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Seattle insurance agent
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Seattle who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to your email. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you want to use a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Seattle are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Seattle that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Mark Hafemeister – State Farm Insurance Agent
14322 Lake City Way NE – Seattle, WA 98125 – (206) 365-0600 – View Map
- Melinda Elkin – State Farm Insurance Agent
7104 Greenwood Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 784-6560 – View Map
- Kent Christianson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1705 N 45th, Ste A – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 632-8000 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Seattle willing to provide price quotes.
- Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 932-2500 – View Map
- Spangler Insurance
431 15th Ave E – Seattle, WA 98112 – (206) 329-7447 – View Map
- Vern Fonk
10301 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 408-5098 – View Map
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- How high should deductibles be on a Audi TTS?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Audi TTS?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
Shop around and save
When getting Seattle auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Audi TTS insurance in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents. Discount Audi TTS insurance can be bought both online in addition to many Seattle insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at the links below
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)