Are you baffled by the sheer number of auto insurance sources available to you? Lot’s of other drivers are too. You have so many sources available that it can really be a difficult situation to find the lowest price for Chevy Trax insurance in Seattle. Seattle is a wonderful place to live, but budgeting for expensive auto insurance can make it hard for many residents to be able to afford adequate auto insurance coverage limits.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that almost 70% of drivers in Washington have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Many drivers in the United States could pocket approximately 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
The quickest way to compare policy rates for Chevy Trax insurance in Seattle is to realize most of the bigger providers will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details including your occupation, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, marital status, and level of coverage desired. The data is submitted instantly to multiple car insurance providers and they respond with quotes instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Don’t overlook these Chevy Trax insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new Trax can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driver class could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Trax insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above possibly include:
When quoting, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Washington, click here.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance prices.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in your rates. Because the Chevrolet Trax falls in the compact car class, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower as compared to the average rate in Seattle. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Do you really need the add-on coverages? – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying insurance. Things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Occupational choices like military personnel, social workers and medical professionals have higher rates than average in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs such as actors, athletes and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Experienced drivers save more – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.Youthful drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Chevy Trax historical loss data – Insurers analyze past claim statistics to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that tend to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Trax vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Trax Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD 79 Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD 81
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can’t I compare rates from local Seattle auto insurance agents?
Some people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Seattle.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Seattle that can provide free Seattle car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find local Seattle agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in Seattle are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to contact at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Seattle independent agencies who may provide free insurance rate quotes.
- Vern Fonk
10301 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 408-5098 – View Map
- Ati Agency Inc
2150 N 107th St # 460 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 522-9200 – View Map
- Roy Potter Insurance
412 Queen Anne Ave N – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0470 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Seattle that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Carmelita Strong
5959 Martin Luther King Jr Way S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8969 – View Map
- Terry Gangon – State Farm Insurance Agent
4727 44th Ave SW Ste 100 – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 935-9955 – View Map
- Chris Gibbens – State Farm Insurance Agent
607 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 331-4864 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How long has their agency been open in Seattle?
- When do they do policy reviews?
Is there deception in advertising?
GEICO, State Farm and Progressive constantly bombard you with television, radio, and online ads. All the ads state the claim that you’ll save big if you just switch to their company. How does every company make almost identical claims? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Auto insurance companies are able to cherry pick for a prospective insured that makes them money. A good example of this type of driver might be described as over the age of 45, has had continuous coverage, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A driver that meets those criteria will get the preferred rates in Seattle and as a result will probably save money with a new company.
Potential customers who are not a match for the requirements will get higher rates and the customer buying from someone else. The trick is to say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can save as much as they claim. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
Because each company has a different risk profile, you absolutely need to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will have the lowest Chevy Trax insurance in Seattle.
Do the work, save more money
When you buy Seattle car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented many tips how you can get a better price on Chevy Trax insurance in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with a small local company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
More information is located on the following sites:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)