Locating better insurance prices for your Chevy Volt in Washington can normally be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to save time. There is a better way to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Chevy and find the cheapest rates from Seattle insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons periodically because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best rate on Chevy Volt insurance in Seattle six months ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to buy cheaper Chevy Volt insurance in Seattle.
These discounts can slash Chevy Volt insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Volt insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, good student, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- USAA may have discounts that include good student, loyalty savings, multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, family discount, and driver training.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for air bags, multi-vehicle, good student, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance has discounts for online quote, homeowner, good driver, DriveSense, multi-car, and renters.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, pay in full, business and professional, homeowner, and multi-car.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple policy, student away at school, good student, and multiple autos.
If you are trying to find cheaper Seattle auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. For a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Washington, click this link.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is a great way to save money. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes comparing rates to discover which company has low cost Seattle auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Chevy Volt is totaled?
- Should I buy only the required Washington minimum liability coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is my Chevy Volt covered if I use it for business?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is my Chevy Volt covered for smoke damage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Seattle auto insurance agents?
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to drive around because prices are sent immediately to you. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- When do they do policy reviews?
What types of car insurance agents are in Seattle?
If you want a good Seattle insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Seattle can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle willing to provide price quotes.
- Melinda Elkin – State Farm Insurance Agent
7104 Greenwood Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 784-6560 – View Map
- Chuck McFarland – State Farm Insurance Agent
9776 Holman Rd NW #107 – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 788-4640 – View Map
- Kent Christianson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1705 N 45th, Ste A – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 632-8000 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to include a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent agents in Seattle that can give you comparison quotes.
- Johnson Insurance Agency
9200 Holman Rd NW – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 789-5940 – View Map
- Gurry and Rogers Insurance Inc
1200 5th Ave #1825 – Seattle, WA 98101 – (206) 621-6444 – View Map
- Christopher Togawa Insurance Agency
222 Etruria St # 110 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 838-9450 – View Map
If you receive acceptable answers to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to service your policy. Just remember you can terminate your policy when you choose so don’t feel that you’re stuck with any specific agency for the full term.
Persistent drivers can save
When shopping online for car insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to reduce Chevy Volt insurance prices online in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Volt rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More tips and info about car insurance is available by following these links:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)