Do you want a faster way to compare lower-priced car insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle consumers have many options when looking for affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance. They can either spend hours driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Fiat and obtain the lowest price.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons quite often because prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the best price on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Seattle on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding 124 Spider insurance online but you can learn a lot of great tips on how to quit paying high car insurance rates in Seattle.
Our objective is to teach you the best methods to compare rates and some tricks to saving. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Consumers just have to use the most time-saving way to shop their coverage around on the web.
Finding more affordable Seattle car insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. You just need to take the time comparing free Seattle auto insurance quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Washington. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before being credited.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- College Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Seattle and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their company to track driving habits by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- No Claim Discounts – Seattle drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Seattle auto insurance quote as compared to drivers who are more careless.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies that may have these discounts are:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not be available in Seattle. For a list of insurers who offer free Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes in Seattle, follow this link.
Compare prices but still have a local neighborhood Seattle car insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower prices and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Seattle.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to drive around because prices are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Seattle can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can write business through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Seattle that may be able to provide free insurance rate quotes.
- C. Don Filer Agency
4201 Roosevelt Way NE #200 – Seattle, WA 98105 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
- Johnson Insurance Agency
9200 Holman Rd NW – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 789-5940 – View Map
Agents of this type work for only one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Dave Newman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3435 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 932-1878 – View Map
- Jeff Kalvelage – State Farm Insurance Agent
315 N 36th St #201 – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 588-0559 – View Map
- Greg Nunn – State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Roy St #102 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-9700 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Seattle?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Buy Fiat 124 Spider Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the major factors that factor into your rate level.
- Male prices may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Employer and insurance premiums – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and dentists usually pay the highest average rates due to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, careers such as actors, athletes and retirees pay the least.
- Do you know your physical damage deductibles? – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Fiat from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The performance level of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Because the Fiat 124 Spider is a sport coupe, insuring your vehicle will cost much more than the average rate where you live in Seattle. Economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Being married reduces risk – Being married can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive your Fiat each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy states the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your 124 Spider may be costing you.
- Car insurance policy lapses lead to higher prices – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Washington motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Fiat 124 Spider insurance, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Fiat, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Fiat at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Seattle overpays more than $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to reduce Fiat 124 Spider insurance car insurance rates online in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Seattle auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions or even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)