How long has it been since you shopped around for the cheapest Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Seattle? Finding cheaper insurance for a new or used Honda Accord Hybrid in Washington could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages for your Honda and locate the lowest possible price either online or from Seattle insurance agents.
It’s important to get comparison quotes yearly because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best price on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Seattle a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Seattle
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you quote, but some need to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Seattle.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current Accord Hybrid insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Seattle could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on their website.
- Resident Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
To find auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Seattle, click this link.
Finding cheaper auto insurance rates is an easy way to save money. Consumers just need to take the time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Washington?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Washington?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you want to use a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents in Seattle can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can provide insurance policies, but we need to point out the subtle differences because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle who may provide you with price quotes.
- Thury Foster – State Farm Insurance Agent
444 NE Ravenna Blvd #104 – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 985-2528 – View Map
- George Fu – State Farm Insurance Agent
9026 Roosevelt Way NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 524-0330 – View Map
- Brent Amacher – State Farm Insurance Agent
2319 California Ave SW Ste A – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 935-0499 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you check rates from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Seattle that can give you price quotes.
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
- C. Don Filer Agency
4201 Roosevelt Way NE #200 – Seattle, WA 98105 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Secord Agency Insurance
265 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 783-4024 – View Map
Cheaper car insurance premiums are out there
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price.
A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Seattle can be bought online and with local Seattle insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Much more information about car insurance in Washington can be read at these links:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Learners Permit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)