Trying to find the cheapest Honda Odyssey insurance in Seattle? Are you a victim of overpriced Honda Odyssey insurance in Seattle? It’s quite common and many Seattle consumers feel financially strained by their insurance policy.
A recent insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. American drivers could cut their rates by 47% a year, but they don’t want to spend time to shop around.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive continually hit you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to see past the corporate glitz and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. Locating the best rates in Seattle seems hard but is not really that difficult. Although Washington drivers must comprehend the methods companies use to price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
Get cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Sign Early and Save – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current Odyssey insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Honda could be rewarded with substantially lower prices.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will positively reduce your overall bill.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, membership and employees, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for multi-car, age of vehicle, annual mileage, good student, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for early shopping, switch companies, good student, business and professional, alternative fuel, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for safe vehicle, multiple vehicles, company car, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new move discount, preferred payment discount, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safety rewards, multi-car, drive less, homeowner, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- USAA may have discounts that include loyalty savings, annual mileage, driver training, defensive driver, safe driver, and military installation.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Seattle. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Seattle, click this link.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates for Honda Odyssey insurance in Seattle is to realize most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide information such as if you went to college, whether you drive to work or school, an estimate of your credit level, and driver ages. Your information is then submitted to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
To compare cheap Honda Odyssey insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Seattle.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$140||$242||$386||$22||$116||$906||$76|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$290||$540||$386||$22||$116||$1,354||$113|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$160||$358||$310||$18||$92||$938||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter coverage prices significantly.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below shows the difference between Honda Odyssey auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive guideline that is best for determining when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Honda Odyssey claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Honda Odyssey Insurance Costs Can Be Lower
Many things are used when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in better auto insurance rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies in Washington generally give most affordable rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Don’t skimp on liability protection – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Save miles driven and save money – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. An improperly rated Odyssey can cost quite a bit. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating is showing the right rating data.
- Lower rates with alarms and GPS tracking – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Marriage discount – Having a spouse can get you a discount on auto insurance. It translates into being more financially stable and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Insurance loss statistics a Honda Odyssey – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they calculate premium costs for each model. Models that the data determines to have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the loss history for Honda Odyssey vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Honda Odyssey Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Odyssey 78 83 75 82 78 71
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop online but buy locally
Some people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information gets sent to companies in Seattle that provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Seattle?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Seattle?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
When finding a local Seattle insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Seattle are considered either independent or exclusive.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive agents in Seattle who can help you get rate quotes.
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get insurance quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Seattle independent agencies that can give you price quote information.
Why you need quality insurance for your Odyssey
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Seattle, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Odyssey has a loan, almost every bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Honda Odyssey and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $810 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Lower-priced Honda Odyssey insurance in Seattle can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have online quoting and these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
When searching for inexpensive Seattle auto insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)