Are you irritated from trying to scrape together enough money to buy auto insurance? You are no different than most other drivers in Washington.
Inconceivable but true, most auto insurance policyholders have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in Washington could pocket roughly 40% a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find affordable auto insurance rates. Lots of insurers contend to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the definite best rates possible on Hyundai Azera insurance in Seattle.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because prices change quite often. Just because you had the best price on Hyundai Azera insurance in Seattle a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you how to use online quotes to save on auto insurance.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, use these tips to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. Finding affordable insurance coverage in Seattle is much easier if you know where to start. Drivers just need to understand the best way to compare company rates instantly.
Getting a low cost price on insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rates to discover which company has cheaper Seattle auto insurance quotes.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to waste gas driving to different Seattle agent offices. Quoting Hyundai Azera insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you prefer the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Some companies do allow you to obtain prices from the web but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Washington. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Azera GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$322||$384||$22||$114||$978||$82|
|Azera Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$358||$300||$18||$90||$968||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact insurance rates considerably.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The chart below examines Hyundai Azera auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Hyundai Azera replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Hyundai Azera premium costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Azera insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Seattle, auto insurance is required by state law in Washington and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Hyundai but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Azera outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that help determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Most larger companies apply lower prices to insureds that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. It’s possible to still save money by buying from different companies
- File policy claims and pay more – Car insurance companies in Washington generally give the best rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Auto insurance rates and your occupation – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like military personnel, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to pay the highest average rates in part from intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, careers such as scientists, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
- Performance influences rates – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Hyundai Azera falls in the passenger car class, insurance will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Seattle.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Getting just one citation can boost insurance rates substantially. People who have severe citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
- Big cities have higher prices – Having an address in less populated areas is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Loss statistics for a Hyundai Azera – Insurers use past insurance losses to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Hyundai Azera vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Hyundai Azera Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Azera 115 83 101 99 106 91
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Score discounts on Seattle insurance
Car insurance companies do not list all their discounts very clearly, so the following list contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Seattle auto insurance online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO may permit one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a specific time period.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall bill.
A partial list of companies who might offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Seattle auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Seattle. To locate insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Washington, click here.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Hyundai Azera to commute?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Washington?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Local Seattle car insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How many companies do they write for?
- If they are an independent agency in Seattle, which companies do they recommend?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
When researching a good Seattle insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agents in Seattle can either be independent or exclusive. Either can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they differ since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are Seattle exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can write business amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you contact a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Seattle willing to provide comparison quotes.
After getting satisfactory answers to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy.
Be persistent to save money
Cheap Hyundai Azera insurance in Seattle is available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
We just covered some good ideas how you can reduce Hyundai Azera insurance premium rates online in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)