Are you sick of overpaying and want lower-priced Jeep Compass insurance in Seattle? Are you burned out from not being able to afford to insure your Jeep every month? You are no different than many other people in Washington.
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in the U.S. can cut their rates by up to 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy. Due to the abundance of insurance companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Jeep Compass in Seattle, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the most cost effective insurance company.
The intent of this article is to let you in on how car insurance companies work and how to save the most money. If you are insured now, you should be able to find the best rates using these tips. Smart shoppers only have to learn the quickest way to find the lowest price on the web.
Affordable companies for Jeep Compass insurance in Washington
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Compass Sport 2WD
|Compass Sport 4WD
|Compass Limited 2WD
|Compass Limited 4WD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in your specific Seattle location which can raise or lower premium rates noticeably.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Jeep Compass premium costs for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The information below shows how violations and at-fault collisions raise Jeep Compass insurance rates for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Lower-cost Seattle car insurance quotes with discounts
Some providers don’t always list every policy discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Seattle auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Compass can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Seattle and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
If you need low cost Seattle auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To locate car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Washington, click here.
Local Seattle auto insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Seattle.
After completing this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Seattle who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Insurance agent types
If you need to find a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Seattle agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both provide auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you should always get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Seattle who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Seattle exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
Picking an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Frequent quotes can save
Discount Jeep Compass insurance in Seattle is definitely available online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on Jeep Compass insurance in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Jeep Compass rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)