Would you prefer to buy low-cost Mazda 5 insurance in Seattle? Purchasing the lowest cost Seattle Mazda 5 insurance quotes online may seem to be intimidating for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing rates over the internet. With so many options of online companies available, how are vehicle owners able to possibly compare the different rates to find the best pricing?
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop around.
Affordable companies for Mazda 5 insurance in Washington
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Washington. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$170||$312||$236||$14||$70||$802||$67|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$208||$354||$258||$16||$78||$914||$76|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$196||$380||$236||$14||$70||$896||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can alter auto insurance rates noticeably.
Gender-based car insurance premiums
The example below shows the comparison of Mazda 5 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can drive up Mazda 5 yearly insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Mazda 5 annual premium costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Mazda 5 Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
Shown below are some of the things used by companies to determine prices.
- Do you need those extra policy coverages? – Policies have extra coverages that may not really be needed on your 5 policy. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Alarm systems save money – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- How do annual miles impact prices? – The more miles you rack up on your Mazda in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated 5 may be costing you. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy is showing the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- What are your deductibles? – Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Insurance loss statistics a Mazda 5 – Insurers factor in insurance loss information when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher losses will have increased rates.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Mazda 5 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Mazda 5 Models
Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 5 86 86 73 103 95 91
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance policy discounts for Mazda 5 insurance in Seattle
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every policy discount very well, so we break down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Good Student – This discount may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Club Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower car insurance rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Car insurance companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
If you need affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes, ask each company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to view companies that offer many of these discounts in Washington, follow this link.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agencies is still important in Seattle.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Seattle that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Seattle for you
When looking for local Seattle agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Seattle are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to less well-known companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Seattle who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Sound Insurance Agency, Inc.
9627 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 527-0888 – View Map
- Sav-On Insurance
9614 17th Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98106 – (206) 767-7444 – View Map
- Magnolia Insurance Agency, Inc.
3424 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98199 – (206) 284-4886 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Seattle who can help you get price quotes.
- State Farm: Karrie Dubose
1530 Westlake Ave N Suite 100 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 971-5400 – View Map
- State Farm – Catherine Budbill
929 N 130th St #5 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 361-3770 – View Map
- Heather Proctor – State Farm Insurance Agent
2600 SW Barton St, Ste E22 – Seattle, WA 98126 – (206) 935-3922 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance ads are enticing
Companies like Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all make the same claim that you’ll save big if you switch your coverage to them. How does each company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the words they use.
Many companies offer their best rates for the type of customer that makes them money. For example, this type of driver might be described as a married female, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Someone that matches those criteria may get the lowest rates in Seattle and as a result will probably cut their Mazda 5 insurance rates if they switch.
Potential customers who are not a match for those standards will probably have to pay higher premium rates and this can result in business going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can truthfully lure you into getting a quote.
Because every company is different, you really should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know which company will have the lowest car insurance rates for your situation.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When selecting a policy, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
You can lower your insurance rates
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
The cheapest Mazda 5 insurance in Seattle is attainable both online and with local Seattle insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)