Overpriced insurance in Seattle can stress out your savings and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Comparing cost estimates can lower your rates and help to make ends meet.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of Washington insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. The average driver in America could save as much as $860 every year, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
There is such a variety of insurers to pick from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest rates for Nissan Sentra insurance in Seattle.
It’s smart to compare premium rates every six months due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Nissan Sentra insurance in Seattle on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest and easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Keep in mind that comparing more prices increases your odds of finding a lower rate. Some companies don’t provide price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$138||$358||$334||$20||$100||$950||$79|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$194||$520||$356||$22||$106||$1,198||$100|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$186||$364||$294||$18||$88||$950||$79|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$218||$610||$334||$20||$100||$1,282||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in garaging location in Seattle which can revise insurance rates considerably.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Seattle
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan Sentra premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Three reasons to insure your Sentra
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Seattle, buying insurance is required in Washington but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Nissan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
What Determines Nissan Sentra Insurance Costs?
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Safer cars means lower premiums – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums.
- Get better rates if married – Getting married may save some money when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Prices impacted by vehicle usage – Driving a lot of miles each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Sentra may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy states annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean women are better drivers. Males and females cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- More traffic means higher claims – Residing in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Frequent claims increase premiums – Companies in Washington generally give cheaper rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Alarm systems save money – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Nissan Sentra insurance loss statistics – Insurers analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Sentra vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Sentra Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Sentra 120 107 81 158 179 141
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may qualify for discounts for Nissan Sentra insurance in Seattle
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before being credited.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Sentra insurance in Seattle.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your policy premiums.
To see a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Seattle, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Seattle insurance agency
Many people just want to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Seattle who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to your email. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Seattle
If you want a local insurance agency, there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Agencies in Seattle can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Seattle who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, you will want to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following are Seattle independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Find cheap car insurance rates by comparing often
We covered a lot of information how to save on Nissan Sentra insurance in Seattle. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Lower-priced Nissan Sentra insurance in Seattle is available on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed car insurance information is available at these sites:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)