Wish you could get out of high-priced Porsche Cayenne insurance in Seattle? Say no more because many Seattle consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Washington being $1,202, drivers could save an average of approximately $400 each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy. Because there are so many choices of insurance companies that have affordable insurance for a Porsche Cayenne in Seattle, it can be diffult for drivers to pick the lowest price car insurance provider.
It’s a good habit to compare premium rates yearly because prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the best deal on Porsche Cayenne insurance in Seattle a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Most major insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide price estimates directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Porsche Cayenne insurance in Seattle is pretty easy as you simply enter your coverage information on the page. After you complete the form, their quoting system requests credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. The ability to get online rate quotes for Porsche Cayenne insurance in Seattle makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest payment possible.
In order to compare rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Seattle, WA. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayenne S Transyberia||$164||$344||$278||$16||$82||$884||$74|
|Cayenne GTS PD Edition 3||$416||$892||$398||$24||$120||$1,850||$154|
|Cayenne Turbo S||$402||$876||$282||$16||$84||$1,660||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in your specific Seattle location which can modify prices greatly.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can change Porsche Cayenne insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Porsche Cayenne insurance in Seattle
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your insurance provider.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Porsche could earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, and continuous coverage.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for switch companies, youthful driver, teen driver, mature driver, and distant student.
- GEICO discounts include good student, military active duty, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Esurance may include discounts for homeowner, anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has savings for multi-car, homeowner, drive less, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple autos, multiple policy, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Seattle.
Independent and exclusive insurance agencies
Some consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Seattle that can provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- When do they do a full risk review?
If you are searching for a local Seattle insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Seattle are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Seattle who can help you get comparison quotes.
Andy Hubbard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1515 NW 52nd St a – Seattle, WA 98107 – (206) 789-4211 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you check rates from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Seattle who can help you get price quotes.
After receiving good answers to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is my Porsche Cayenne covered for smoke damage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
How Insurers Calculate Porsche Cayenne Insurance Costs
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find better insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Combine policies and save – Many insurers will award better rates to clients who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Bad drivers pay high prices – Getting just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have multiple tickets such as reckless driving or DUI are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Get better rates after the wedding – Getting married can get you a discount when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Eliminate incidental coverages – Policies have add-on coverages that you can buy on your Cayenne policy. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Insurance prices and vehicle performance – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Since the Porsche Cayenne is classified as a luxury crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost substantially more than the average rate where you live in Seattle. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Your liability insurance limits – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if ever you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Raise your physical damage deductibles for better prices – The deductibles define how much you are required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are rearending another vehicle, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Insurance loss data for Porsche Cayenne vehicles – Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Porsche Cayenne vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Porsche Cayenne Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Cayenne 4dr 4WD 176 100 138 58 53 77 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid 4dr 4WD 119
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Porsche in Seattle, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Porsche Cayenne, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Porsche for a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects both your Porsche and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap auto insurance is out there
When searching for the cheapest Porsche Cayenne rate quotes, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just presented many tips how you can lower your Porsche Cayenne insurance rates in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Seattle auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Seattle Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)