Do you need a better way to compare more affordable Subaru Baja insurance in Seattle? Do you get exhausted from being strong-armed each month for insurance? You are no different than many other consumers in Washington.
It’s shocking but a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in Washington could save $430 every year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes online.
Big-name insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas you’re about to read. Buying the cheapest insurance in Seattle is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. But Washington vehicle owners need to learn the methods companies use to charge you for coverage.
Car insurance policy discounts for Subaru Baja insurance in Seattle
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Distant Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Seattle without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Seattle auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Professional Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Remember that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, multi-policy, air bags, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, good student, student away at school, driver’s education, accident-free, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for multi-policy, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, good student, type of vehicle, multi-car, and professional/association.
- 21st Century offers discounts including early bird, defensive driver, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, and good student.
- Allstate offers discounts for EZ pay plan discount, new car, anti-lock brakes, senior citizen, and teenSMART discount.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings may not be available in Seattle. To see a list of car insurance companies with significant discounts in Seattle, click here.
To get low cost Seattle auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from many auto insurance companies in Washington. The recommended way to find the cheapest Subaru Baja insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to call or drive to different Seattle agent offices. Quoting and buying Subaru Baja insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible to find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
Many drivers just want to talk to a local agent. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Seattle that can provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Seattle that can give you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle willing to provide price quote information.
Finding a good insurance agency should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Seattle, get answers to these questions.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How many companies do they write for?
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Seattle, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Subaru Baja.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (Washington limits are 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Baja in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for things like surgery, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/10 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like bail bonds, medical services, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Washington state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, fire damage, hitting a deer and hail damage. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Subaru Baja insurance in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)