Want to learn how to find more affordable Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Seattle? If price shopping Seattle car insurance quotes online is new to you, there’s a good chance you are bewildered because of the huge number of online companies vying for business in Seattle.
Shockingly, over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Seattle consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates every six months because insurance prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the best rate on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Seattle a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Atlas insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some excellent ideas to find cheap insurance in Seattle.
Determine discounts to get cheap Seattle insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all their discounts very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Seattle car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Seattle car insurance online.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on insurance because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and a selection of discounts are:
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- Esurance offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, paid-in-full, renters, good student, and claim free.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, family plan, business or organization, anti-theft, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, and accident-free.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not be offered everywhere. To view insurers who offer cheap Volkswagen Atlas insurance quotes in Washington, follow this link.
How to buy Volkswagen Atlas insurance online
There are several ways to compare prices from all the different companies. The easiest way to find the lowest Volkswagen Atlas rates involves getting comparison quotes online. Keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps locate lower pricing. Not every company does online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from them, too.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Eight Things That Influence Your Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that are used to determine auto insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Low credit rating equals high prices – An insured’s credit rating is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Volkswagen Atlas by improving your rating.
City dwellers may pay more – Living in areas with lower population can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Lower population means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims
Liability coverage is cheap – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
How many miles do you drive? – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your auto insurance policy is rated on the right rating data, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Atlas can result in significantly higher rates.
Occupation reflects on prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as fire fighters, social workers and accountants generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs like professors, students and the unemployed get better rates.
Drive a fast car, truck or SUV and pay more – The performance of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums are usually found on low performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Because the Volkswagen Atlas is classified as a compact SUV, rates will be the same to a little lower as compared to the average rate in Seattle.
Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder vehicle theft.
Expect high rates for teens – Young drivers in Washington have been known to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a beginning driver onto your auto insurance can increase premiums substantially. Older insureds are more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
Car insurance agents can help
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Seattle who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to contact any agents because prices are sent instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any good agent in Seattle should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Atlas insurance, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volkswagen Atlas with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Seattle is wasting up to $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to save money.
You can find affordable coverage
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Seattle car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Cost effective Volkswagen Atlas insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Seattle, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional auto insurance information can be found below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Seattle? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)