How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more competitive Volkswagen Routan insurance in Seattle? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Volkswagen Routan in Washington could be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Volkswagen and get the lowest possible price.
It’s shocking but a large majority of insurance policyholders in Washington kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in America could save up to 47% every year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best price on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Seattle last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Take policy discounts and save on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Seattle
Insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on insurance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Seattle car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on your computer.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Washington, click here to view.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Seattle, WA. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Routan S 2WD||$206||$312||$338||$20||$102||$978||$82|
|Routan SE 2WD||$220||$380||$236||$14||$70||$920||$77|
|Routan SEL 2WD||$294||$452||$328||$20||$98||$1,192||$99|
|Routan SEL Premium 6 Cyl 2WD||$274||$512||$326||$20||$98||$1,230||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in Seattle location which can affect coverage rates substantially.
Cautious Seattle drivers save money
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents impact Volkswagen Routan auto insurance rates for each different age category. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Smart Consumers Save Every Year
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Save annual miles and save money – The more you drive your Volkswagen in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated Routan may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is showing annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Volkswagen. Some coverage claims are running into the backend of another car, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Choose high safety ratings and save – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Volkswagen has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Auto insurance lapses raise rates – Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
Premiums are lower the older you get – Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.Inexperience drivers are proven to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
When should I talk to an agent?
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Seattle who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
If you get positive feedback to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an provider that will properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you can terminate coverage at any time so don’t feel that you’re stuck with a specific agent for the full term.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Seattle, auto insurance is mandatory in Washington but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volkswagen Routan, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Volkswagen Routan. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents. More affordable insurance in Seattle can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Seattle insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just covered many tips how you can lower your Volkswagen Routan insurance premium rates in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Volkswagen Routan rate quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)