Would you like to stop overpaying and find the cheapest Volvo V90 insurance in Seattle? Trying to come up with a payment for pricey car insurance can bottom out your accounts and force you to cut corners elsewhere.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, over 70% of Washington drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in America could pocket $860 a year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy. Since vehicle owners have many insurance providers from which to choose, it’s nearly impossible to choose the lowest cost car insurance provider.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Washington. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Washington is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volvo V90 in Seattle, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volvo V90 with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volvo at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance advertising tricks
Washington drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper auto insurance from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all tend to make the same promise about how much you will save if you switch your coverage.
But how can every company offer drivers better rates? It’s all in the numbers.
Many companies have underwriting criteria for the type of customer that will generate a profit. One example of a desirable risk may be between 25 and 40, has a low-risk occupation, and has a short commute. Someone that matches those criteria will get the preferred car insurance rates in Seattle and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Insureds who don’t qualify for these stringent criteria will probably be forced to pay higher prices which leads to the prospect going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can make those statements.
That is why you should get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is just not possible to predict which company will have the best Volvo V90 insurance in Seattle.
Save with these discounts on Volvo V90 insurance in Seattle
Companies don’t always list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous insurance savings. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Paperless Signup – Some larger companies will give a small break shop Seattle car insurance on their website.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could qualify for slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, air bags, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for professional/association, location of vehicle, multi-car, accident-free, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for distant student, business and professional, bundle discounts, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, and mature driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, group or association, paperless, and mature driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include safety features, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, multi-policy, new graduate, and good student.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safe driver, safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
- USAA offers premium reductions for new vehicle, good student, defensive driver, safe driver, and driver training.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To see insurers with the best Volvo V90 insurance discounts in Washington, click this link.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Seattle auto insurance agents?
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agents is important especially in Seattle.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Seattle who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive and independent Seattle auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a local Seattle insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent. Either can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always contact at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Listed below are Seattle independent insurance agents who may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. These agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Which family members are covered?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Washington?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When selecting your policy, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Washington?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Frequent quotes can save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Volvo V90 insurance premium rates online in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Seattle car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)