Would you like to stop overpaying and find lower-priced Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Seattle? If you’re trying to find cheaper insurance on the web, are you confused by the dozens of insurance choices that you can choose from? There are such a vast assortment of choices available that it can turn into a difficult situation to find the lowest price for Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Seattle. Seattle has lots to offer, but trying to pay high insurance rates can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to afford coverage.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most insurance buyers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Seattle could pocket $400 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it’s difficult to shop around.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. The purpose of this article is to tell you the best way to quote coverages. But Washington drivers should learn the way insurance companies charge you for coverage and use this information to your advantage.
Many insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage direct online. The process is pretty easy as you simply enter your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system sends out for your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on these factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find affordable insurance pricing.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Seattle, WA. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Vitara 2WD||$224||$390||$282||$16||$84||$996||$83|
|Grand Vitara Premium 2WD||$220||$448||$278||$16||$82||$1,044||$87|
|Grand Vitara Premium 4WD||$246||$556||$334||$20||$100||$1,256||$105|
|Grand Vitara Limited 2WD||$176||$350||$398||$24||$120||$1,068||$89|
|Grand Vitara Special Edition 4WD||$224||$458||$282||$16||$84||$1,064||$89|
|Grand Vitara XSport 2WD||$136||$278||$334||$20||$100||$868||$72|
|Grand Vitara Limited 4WD||$200||$358||$334||$20||$100||$1,012||$84|
|Grand Vitara XSport 4WD||$278||$444||$300||$18||$90||$1,130||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions drive up Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Washington
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Suzuki in Seattle, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Suzuki, more than likely the lender will require that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Suzuki for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Suzuki Grand Vitara but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Washington is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Do drivers who switch really save $397 a year?
Auto insurance providers like Allstate and Progressive continually stream television, radio, and online ads. All the ads say the same thing about savings if you change your policy. How do they all make almost identical claims? Here is the trick they use.
Most companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver that will be a good risk. For instance, this type of risk profile might be described as a married female, has a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who fits those characteristics receives the best prices in Seattle and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who fall outside these criteria may receive a higher premium which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay attention, the ads say “people who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much. This is how companies can make it sound like they have such great rates.
This really illustrates why it’s extremely important to get as many free Seattle auto insurance quotes as possible. You cannot predict the company that will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Get cheaper rates on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Seattle with these six car insurance discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious car insurance savings.
- Good Student – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their car insurance company to track their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Resident Student – Older children who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Seattle.
Local Seattle car insurance agents
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Seattle.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Seattle who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- If they are an independent agency in Seattle, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What is the ISO rating for a Suzuki Grand Vitara?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Should I buy only the required Washington minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance specifics
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Grand Vitara in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as vandalism, falling objects, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Suzuki Grand Vitara.
Due to the fact that many Washington drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10 in Washington), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, funeral costs, pain medications and doctor visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things like medical services, attorney fees, emergency aid and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Washington requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
One last thing to lower rates
We just showed you many ideas to reduce Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance prices online in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with a small mutual company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-friendly insurance in Seattle can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
More detailed insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)