Are you searching for cheaper Suzuki SX4 insurance in Seattle? Comparison shopping for more affordable Suzuki SX4 insurance in Seattle is hard for drivers not familiar with shopping for insurance online. When there are so many insurers available, it can easily become more work than you anticipated to find cheaper prices on Suzuki SX4 insurance.
It’s astonishing, but over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Drivers in Washington could save 40% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices every six months because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best rate on Suzuki SX4 insurance in Seattle a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. You’ll find a ton of advice on SX4 insurance on the internet, but in this article, you’re going to get some great ways to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Seattle.
Cheap Seattle auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Buy New and Save – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate may permit one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Seattle Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including multi-car, online shopper, safety device, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new graduate, exclusive group savings, multi-car, multi-policy, and hybrid vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include good student, air bags, anti-lock brakes, student away at school, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, daytime running lights, anti-theft, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, good student, and membership and employees.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company the best way to save money. Savings may not apply in Seattle. To view providers with significant discounts in Washington, follow this link.
When price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes increases your odds of finding a lower rate. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Seattle SX4 insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare prices from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SX4 Sport S||$218||$512||$384||$22||$114||$1,250||$104|
|SX4 Sport SE||$196||$448||$278||$16||$82||$1,020||$85|
|SX4 Technology 2WD||$138||$278||$356||$22||$106||$900||$75|
|SX4 Sportback 2WD||$196||$376||$334||$20||$100||$1,026||$86|
|SX4 AWD AWD||$160||$242||$386||$22||$116||$926||$77|
|SX4 Sport GTS||$196||$448||$278||$16||$82||$1,020||$85|
|SX4 Technology AWD||$250||$376||$300||$18||$90||$1,034||$86|
|SX4 Touring AWD||$274||$518||$384||$22||$114||$1,312||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can impact insurance rates significantly.
Age, gender, and Suzuki SX4 insurance
The diagram below compares Suzuki SX4 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Suzuki SX4 premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Seattle auto insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is important especially in Seattle.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Seattle who want to provide quotes for your business. You never need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you directly. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Car insurance agents in Seattle come in two varieties
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, you need to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with less well-known companies which may have better rates.
Below are independent agents in Seattle that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Gurry and Rogers Insurance Inc
1200 5th Ave #1825 – Seattle, WA 98101 – (206) 621-6444 – View Map
- Christopher Togawa Insurance Agency
222 Etruria St # 110 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 838-9450 – View Map
- Spangler Insurance
431 15th Ave E – Seattle, WA 98112 – (206) 329-7447 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Seattle that are able to give rate quotes.
- Chuck McFarland – State Farm Insurance Agent
9776 Holman Rd NW #107 – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 788-4640 – View Map
- Alex Bagdasarov – State Farm Insurance Agent
4719 University Way NE #202 – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 946-1986 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Barry V. Hasson
7721 Aurora Ave N – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 782-5191 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Seattle should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as fire damage, theft, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Suzuki SX4.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/10 in Washington), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/10 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like emergency aid, legal defense fees, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Washington requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses such as surgery, chiropractic care, ambulance fees, dental work and nursing services. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your SX4 resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your SX4 to bring the cost down.
One last note
We just covered a lot of techniques to compare Suzuki SX4 insurance prices in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)