Do you want to save money by finding more affordable Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Seattle? Are you a victim of overpriced Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Seattle? Believe me when I say there are a lot of people in Seattle just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
Shockingly, most auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in Washington being $1,200, drivers could save almost 40% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Due to the abundance of auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to find the lowest price insurance company.
The goal of this article is to teach you a little about how to compare rates easily and some tips to save money. If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this information. Nevertheless, Washington vehicle owners must comprehend how companies set your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Auto insurance providers offering low-cost prices in Washington
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper rates with these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but some need to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for business and professional, teen driver, alternative fuel, multi-car, switch companies, and early shopping.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, education and occupation, and good student.
- USAA may include discounts for good student, multi-policy, safe driver, military installation, and defensive driver.
If you need the cheapest Suzuki XL-7 rate quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. For a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Suzuki XL-7 insurance quotes in Seattle, click here.
Buy Suzuki XL-7 Insurance for Less
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The items below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine rates.
- Do you work long hours in a tough occupation? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, architects and financial analysts generally pay the highest average rates because of high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, careers like professors, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Coverages for roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Careless drivers pay higher prices – Even a single moving violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten serious violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to continue driving.
- Younger drivers are expensive to insure – Beginning drivers in Washington are known to be easily distracted when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Alarm systems save money – Owning a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Females pay lower rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Males and females are in fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is my Suzuki XL-7 covered for smoke damage?
- What policy terms are available?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Washington?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Should I buy only the required Washington minimum liability coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agents is still important in Seattle.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Seattle?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to these questions and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an provider that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
The cheapest Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Seattle is possible online and also from your neighborhood Seattle agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer internet price quotes and these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, denial of a claim or even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
For more information, link through to the articles below: