How many years has it been since you compared more competitive Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Seattle? Comparison shopping for cheaper Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Seattle might be difficult for beginners to online rate comparisons. With more and more insurers available, it can easily become a difficult situation to find more affordable rates on Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance.
Statistics show that most auto insurance buyers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,202, Washington drivers could save an average of as much as $427 each year, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
It’s smart to price shop coverage as often as possible since prices change regularly. Just because you found the best quotes on Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Seattle on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Highlander Hybrid insurance online, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some guaranteed methods to find cheap auto insurance in Seattle.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company does price estimates online, so you should also compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies provide quotes in Washington. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Seattle auto insurance online.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- Good Student – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Highlander Hybrid insurance.
- Seattle Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Seattle can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of larger companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts should definitely cut your policy cost.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, good student, military active duty, defensive driver, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- Travelers includes discounts for payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- Nationwide offers discounts including accident-free, multi-policy, business or organization, good student, easy pay, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, good student, distant student, pay in full, youthful driver, and mature driver.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-lock brakes, good driver, multi-policy, claim free, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, good driver, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for good driver, anti-theft, annual mileage, multi-policy, and ease of repair.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your area. To locate insurance companies who offer online Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance quotes in Washington, click this link.
How Insurance Providers Determine Toyota Highlander Hybrid Insurance Costs
Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your rates.
Lower stress equals lower rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as military personnel, architects and accountants have higher rates than average because of high stress and long work hours. Other careers like professors, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
High credit scores save money – Credit rating is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit score is low, you could be paying less to insure your Toyota Highlander Hybrid if you clean up your credit.
An active policy claims history can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Washington generally give the best rates to people who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Premiums may be higher where you live – Being located in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims
Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Since the Toyota Highlander Hybrid is considered a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more when compared to the average rates in Seattle.
Insurance loss statistics a Toyota Highlander Hybrid – Insurers analyze past claim statistics when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Toyota Highlander Hybrid vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Toyota Highlander Hybrid Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD||111||143|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but work with a local neighborhood Seattle car insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to sit down with an agent. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agencies is definitely important in Seattle.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Seattle who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Seattle agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you contact several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to different regional companies which may have better rates.
Listed below are Seattle independent insurance agents who may provide pricing information.
- Johnson Insurance Agency
9200 Holman Rd NW – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 789-5940 – View Map
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
- BGI Agency Network Inc
4634 E Marginal Way S C 140 – Seattle, WA 98134 – (206) 682-9990 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle willing to provide price quotes.
- Dave Newman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3435 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 932-1878 – View Map
- Chris Gibbens – State Farm Insurance Agent
607 W McGraw St – Seattle, WA 98119 – (206) 331-4864 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Carmelita Strong
5959 Martin Luther King Jr Way S – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 725-8969 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Any good agent in Seattle should know the answers to these questions.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads in print and on television. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings if you change to their company. How does every company cost less than your current company? This is the way they can do it.
Different companies have specific guidelines for the right customer that earns them the highest profit. For example, this type of driver may need to be over the age of 40, has never had a policy lapse, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any new insured that fits those parameters will probably get the lowest car insurance rates and will probably save a lot on Seattle Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance if they switch.
Potential customers who fall outside this ideal profile may be required to pay a higher rate and this results in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way companies can make claims like that.
That is why it is so important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the best Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Seattle.
One last thing to lower rates
You just learned many ideas to get a better price on Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
People leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company is easier than you think.
More information is located at the links below
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)