Do you need a fast way to compare more competitive insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle shoppers have many options when shopping for affordable Toyota Prius Prime insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Toyota and obtain the lowest price.
You should take the time to compare rates occasionally since insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best rates on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Seattle last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. There are lots of tips to save on Prius Prime insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some great ways to buy insurance cheaper in Seattle.
How to compare free Seattle Toyota Prius Prime insurance rate quotes
Most of the larger companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide prices direct online. Getting online quotes for Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Seattle is pretty easy as you just type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will order credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote.
Getting online rates for Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Seattle makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to get the cheapest price on insurance.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you are getting a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Seattle, WA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some insurers don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers living away from Seattle attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- E-sign – Many auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 get Seattle car insurance online.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To find insurers with the best Toyota Prius Prime insurance discounts in Seattle in Seattle, click here.
Smart Consumers Save on Insurance
Many things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
Shown below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – The majority of insurers will award lower prices to people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Toyota Prius Prime earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Discounts for GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping car theft.
- Never allow your auto insurance to lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to increase your auto insurance rates. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Liability – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are responsible for an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Getting married pays dividends – Getting married may earn you lower rates on auto insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Eliminate add-on coverages – There are many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
Can’t I compare prices from local Seattle car insurance agents?
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is still important in Seattle.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Seattle car insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you need to find an insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it may influence the selection process.
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to compare prices from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Seattle that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Propel Insurance: Marinkovich Stephen
925 4th Ave #3200 – Seattle, WA 98104 – (206) 676-4216 – View Map
- Secord Agency Insurance
265 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 783-4024 – View Map
- Ati Agency Inc
2150 N 107th St # 460 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 522-9200 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Seattle who can help you get price quotes.
- Sheila Burrus – State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 N Northgate Way – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 364-2210 – View Map
- Ezra Teshome – State Farm Insurance Agent
1510 14th Ave – Seattle, WA 98122 – (206) 322-3910 – View Map
- State Farm – Catherine Budbill
929 N 130th St #5 – Seattle, WA 98133 – (206) 361-3770 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Washington?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Seattle?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Cheap car insurance premiums are possible
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some car insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Seattle is available both online as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal and even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
Much more information about car insurance in Washington is located at the links below
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Seattle Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)